ESPN Documentary on Buffalo...

EndZoneCrew

You just have to billieve something special is happening with the Sabres.

Not that it means much right now, but the Sabres Euro Tour might just give them an edge...they looked pumped, and ready to play. I realize, there is the whole jet-lag issue, and the Kings, in particular, have a lot of new pieces (like the Sabres), but the good guys looked like they were in full season stride compared to the two California teams they stomped of Friday and Saturday...lets hope the streak continues...the last three Cup winners were all amongst the 4 teams that took part in the Europeon series the year they won the Cup...can the Sabres make it #4?

I am also a Celtics fan...in 2008, the year they added Garnett and Allen, the team played some pre-season games in Italy...it gave the team some focused time together, to build chemistry...all the guys involved with the Celtics that year pretty much said, despite their trepidation of going over-seas to play, in the end, they felt like it really gave them an edge the rest of the season...players bonded as a team, and it gave them a chance to all focus on the same thing at the same time, no distractions. By the end of their trip, Pierce, Garnett and Allen felt like they had been playing together for years, not just a few weeks.

Robyn Regehr was awesome, looks like exactly what the Sabres have needed on the blue line... and it was nice to see Lleno and Erhoff contribute right out of the gate. I know people (particularly Sabres players) seem to have mixed emotions about Derek Roy, but he looked really good these two games as well. What to do with Luke Adam...the kid is huge, and goal scorer...Sabres cupboard seems pretty full right now...

Let me ask, those who watched in WNY...was Jeanerette in Europe, with the team? I listened to him for a about a minute on the radio, so I know he did the game, but I recorded the game to watch later, so didn't really hear the Buffalo broadcast.

I had to watch on Center ICE, and only got the Ducks and Kings broadcasts. The Ducks game was pretty lame...the announcers were in California, watching from satellite...was happy as hell the Sabres won, but the broadcast was just lifeless...the announcers were just okay, but there was very little crowd noise...so either they turned down the sound on the crowd, or Helsinki wasn't all that excited about the game....the Kings broadcast was better.

Edited by Buftex