South Park

Just Jack

I thought last night's Broadway episode was one of the better ones I'd seen in awhile. Loved the various musicals and their subtexts. I especially liked Randy's "bro-down".

I watched and all I could say was "really, you've sunk to blow job jokes? Really??"

I watched and all I could say was "really, you've sunk to blow job jokes? Really??"

I have to agree. They just seem to rely on pop culture, shock value and crude humor these days. A couple nights ago I watched "Cartmans Silly Hate Crime" from 2000 I think. The writing seemed much better then.

I thought last night's Broadway episode was one of the better ones I'd seen in awhile. Loved the various musicals and their subtexts. I especially liked Randy's "bro-down".

Without a doubt last night's episode was one of the best ones in awhile. It really was starting to feel like Matt and Trey had lost their touch for good but last night's episode had that vintage South Park feel to it. A woman should give blowjobs on football sundays :thumbsup:

They've never exactly been "above" doing blow job jokes. I mean, the very first episode of the series was basically just an extended fart joke. I thought last night's episode was pretty good.

Really?? So you don't think they've had episodes that do a great job with social commentary? Sure they use teenage humor to express that commentary but some of the stuff was done very well using current events. As a matter of fact most of their episodes did that. That's why they put themselves under so much pressure to write the episode that week so it could be about something very current. An episode about blow jobs could have been created in August. :thumbdown:

Really?? So you don't think they've had episodes that do a great job with social commentary? Sure they use teenage humor to express that commentary but some of the stuff was done very well using current events. As a matter of fact most of their episodes did that. That's why they put themselves under so much pressure to write the episode that week so it could be about something very current. An episode about blow jobs could have been created in August. :thumbdown:

We're on the same page, Chef. I thought you were taking exception to the potty humor itself, a well that Matt and Trey have have dipped into hundreds of times.

I agree that the current episodes lack depth. I still found myself laughing on Wednesday night though. Anything that introduces the concept of Elton John as a beer-swilling frat bro will get a chuckle or two from me. :lol:

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

We're on the same page, Chef. I thought you were taking exception to the potty humor itself, a well that Matt and Trey have have dipped into hundreds of times.

I agree that the current episodes lack depth. I still found myself laughing on Wednesday night though.

Oh I have no issue with the potty humor. Hell if I did would I even watch the show. For example there was a Family Guy episode where Brian unknowingly slept with Quagmire's dad who just had a sex change. When he finds out he barfs....and barfs and barfs. At first I thinking "come on" but as it goes on for what seemed like several minutes I found myself laughing. Especially at Stewie's reaction. We all have to channel our inner 12 year old every now and then.

Mediocrity has definitely crept into the series, but they still crank out the occassional gem, like Imaginationland, or The Coon series.

A show that's really just gone to hell is Family Guy. I was watching it with my wife the other night just looking at each other in disbelief at the garbage that was passing as comedy. I pulled up season 1 on Netflix and was reminded why I used to think it was a halfway decent show. I pretty much consider it South Park for people with double digit IQs.

I just saw the Bro-dway episode....friggin funny as hell. Some of you guys really missed the boat on this one --- look under the covers once in a while. They were goofing on Broadway and themselves as the new kings of musical theater.

I just saw the Bro-dway episode....friggin funny as hell. Some of you guys really missed the boat on this one --- look under the covers once in a while. They were goofing on Broadway and themselves as the new kings of musical theater.

i got that once I heard that the episode was about musicals, hard not to figure they would take shots at themselves and the industry after the success of "Book of Mormon"

last night had some good moments, with Cartman and his stuffed animals

i got that once I heard that the episode was about musicals, hard not to figure they would take shots at themselves and the industry after the success of "Book of Mormon"

last night had some good moments, with Cartman and his stuffed animals

The 99% protests with the ridiculous media/police oversaturation was pretty funny too.