1st quarter review

After watching these 4 games, It seems to me ,we still need 2 athletic outside backers,A. Davis replaced and a cover corner. Davis seems to never do much and Merrimen seems to never turn the corner on a pass rush. Mc Kelvin get picked on game after game. Speed ,coverage skills seem lost. Although lack of a pass rush as we know makes any secondary look bad. The Offense hopefully just had a flat game.Did you notice the Bengals corners up in our receivers face ? Fitz looked a little timid against the Bengals pass rush. Also all the bad deep throws on 3rd down. This is one down we needed to dink and dunk. Tough ,Tough game coming up .If Dalton can run on us ,what do you think Vick will do . Must win game for the Eagles ,will make a very physical game this week .Lets go Buffaloooo. Nut up.

After watching these 4 games, It seems to me ,we still need 2 athletic outside backers,A. Davis replaced and a cover corner. Davis seems to never do much and Merrimen seems to never turn the corner on a pass rush. Mc Kelvin get picked on game after game. Speed ,coverage skills seem lost. Although lack of a pass rush as we know makes any secondary look bad. The Offense hopefully just had a flat game.Did you notice the Bengals corners up in our receivers face ? Fitz looked a little timid against the Bengals pass rush. Also all the bad deep throws on 3rd down. This is one down we needed to dink and dunk. Tough ,Tough game coming up .If Dalton can run on us ,what do you think Vick will do . Must win game for the Eagles ,will make a very physical game this week .Lets go Buffaloooo. Nut up.

i'll be honest, i was lukewarm about this post until the "nut up."

Edited by Dirtbag

"If Dalton can run on us ,what do you think Vick will do" . . . that really is the scary part coming into this weekends game. It will be up to the defense to figure out a way to contain him.

Edited by CSBill

I think that's a reasonable assessment of our defensive needs. Kelsay is playing better this year, but that's a low bar to hop. Davis is almost always where he should be but, lacks speed. Edwards and Johnson seem competent. A defense can absorb 2-3 "solid but not stellar" players if they have enough dynamic playmakers.

We have Dareus. He and Williams are beasts. Barnett has been amazing.

Who else we got? There's 11 players on the D side.

I'm not a "sky is falling" kind of person and I'm also not too impressed by yards given up, but the last 3 weeks Bart Scott on the Jets could rightly say of us "your defense couldn't stop a nosebleed" and that's the cold hard fact.

I think that's a reasonable assessment of our defensive needs. Kelsay is playing better this year, but that's a low bar to hop. Davis is almost always where he should be but, lacks speed. Edwards and Johnson seem competent. A defense can absorb 2-3 "solid but not stellar" players if they have enough dynamic playmakers.

We have Dareus. He and Williams are beasts. Barnett has been amazing.

Who else we got? There's 11 players on the D side.

I'm not a "sky is falling" kind of person and I'm also not too impressed by yards given up, but the last 3 weeks Bart Scott on the Jets could rightly say of us "your defense couldn't stop a nosebleed" and that's the cold hard fact.

yeah they went breasts up !