The occupy Wall Street movement spreads

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When people in the near future take the time to consider why the OWS movement ended up being perceived as nothing more than a bunch of whiny, smelly, lazy hippies, it will all come down to the one simple fact: they were too stupid to realize that staying in one public place for weeks and months on end was a bad idea.

First it was an idea. Next it was a handful of people. Then it was a large group of people. Then it quickly became a large group of people who seemingly were bitching about something, but never did anything other than B word about something.

Then they started to smell. And that was pretty much the end of it.

When people in the near future take the time to consider why the OWS movement ended up being perceived as nothing more than a bunch of whiny, smelly, lazy hippies, it will all come down to the one simple fact: they were too stupid to realize that staying in one public place for weeks and months on end was a bad idea.

First it was an idea. Next it was a handful of people. Then it was a large group of people. Then it quickly became a large group of people who seemingly were bitching about something, but never did anything other than B word about something.

Then they started to smell. And that was pretty much the end of it.

Fixed.

I don't recall any particular topic for their bitching.

I love the comment at the bottom of the Albany story.

"The next thing you know they will be incorporating. It only makes good business sense." :lol:

I love how they call it "the movement". If my Grandpa were still alive I think he would call it the same thing but mean something entirely different.

Edited by ieatcrayonz

After encampment ends, Occupy Wall Street protesters become nomads

NEW YORK (AP) -- It was only a few nights after the Occupy protesters began sleeping in his church sanctuary when Pastor Bob Brashears realized that his laptop was missing. The refugees from Manhattan's Zuccotti Park had found their way to his cavernous Presbyterian church on a cold winter evening, hoping to stay for a few nights, maybe longer. It was the latest stopover for the nomadic group, which has been living in a rotating series of churches since Mayor Michael Bloomberg shut down their camp in November. "There was a sense of shock and sadness that it had happened," said Brashears, whose laptop will soon be replaced by Occupy organizers. "And there's a common understanding that if there's one more theft in the church, that's it."

I'd boot them out now, not even give them a 2nd chance.

After encampment ends, Occupy Wall Street protesters become nomads

NEW YORK (AP) -- It was only a few nights after the Occupy protesters began sleeping in his church sanctuary when Pastor Bob Brashears realized that his laptop was missing. The refugees from Manhattan's Zuccotti Park had found their way to his cavernous Presbyterian church on a cold winter evening, hoping to stay for a few nights, maybe longer. It was the latest stopover for the nomadic group, which has been living in a rotating series of churches since Mayor Michael Bloomberg shut down their camp in November. "There was a sense of shock and sadness that it had happened," said Brashears, whose laptop will soon be replaced by Occupy organizers. "And there's a common understanding that if there's one more theft in the church, that's it."

I'd boot them out now, not even give them a 2nd chance.

Shocked, yes, SHOCKED I am that a group of people who don't believe in private property would actually steal someone else's property! :rolleyes:

Charges dropped against Occupy Rochester

I love how these people act like having misdemeanor charges dropped is akin to freeing Nelson Mandela. When are they going to go home?

You really have to hand it to these folks for staying focused, though. Take, for example, this quote from the story.

“We’re not done yet,” said Ben Miller-Jacobson, a 20-year-old Rochester Institute of Technology student involved in the movement. “I’m in it for the long haul. All we need are a few more church laptops and some free wifi.”