The occupy Wall Street movement spreads

"But port workers and operators say they are not in support of the shutdown, which is planned for ports in San Diego, L.A., Oakland, Portland, Vancouver, Tacoma and Seattle."

It just gets better & better.

If the workers are smart about it, they'll teach the kids that you don't !@#$ with unions.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If there was ever any doubt that OWS is the reincarnation of 19th century anarchist movement and has nothing at all with anything remotely connected to the American Republic, this should put it to rest:

Wall Street on Ocean?

"A month after Occupy Oakland protesters angered port workers by shutting down the city port during a city-wide strike, protesters are calling for a larger West Coast port shutdown Dec. 12."

"But port workers and operators say they are not in support of the shutdown, which is planned for ports in San Diego, L.A., Oakland, Portland, Vancouver, Tacoma and Seattle."

Just a bunch of anarchists as you said. I like that video in the link though. Very intimidating :rolleyes:

If there was ever any doubt that OWS is the reincarnation of 19th century anarchist movement and has nothing at all with anything remotely connected to the American Republic, this should put it to rest:

Wall Street on Ocean?

"A month after Occupy Oakland protesters angered port workers by shutting down the city port during a city-wide strike, protesters are calling for a larger West Coast port shutdown Dec. 12."

OWS protesters would do well to look at a longshoreman's annual salary before suggesting these these guys bring their "solidarity" to their fight. Just because they're blue-collar and union doesn't mean they aren't paid well (and should be, given the rigors of the job). OWS will likely get the violence they want should they truly try to shut down the West Coast ports a couple of weeks before Christmas.

OWS protesters would do well to look at a longshoreman's annual salary before suggesting these these guys bring their "solidarity" to their fight. Just because they're blue-collar and union doesn't mean they aren't paid well (and should be, given the rigors of the job). OWS will likely get the violence they want should they truly try to shut down the West Coast ports a couple of weeks before Christmas.

I doubt that. Look at what the longshoremen did in Seattle a few months ago. And in the end, they would side with the far leftists than go anything that might help management. Like keeping the business open.

If there is one thing Unions have proven over the years is that when it comes to tactics, they dont exactly look at the big picture and who they are really hurting at the end of the day.

That's a pretty good smack-down by Baldwin, but the other guy makes a valid point. As long as celebs and profiteering politicians "sympathize with OWS", they all get a free pass from this so-called 'movement'.

And by the way, why isn't OWS protesting lotteries? A scheme designed to take money from millions of working class people and make one person a 'top 1%er'?? Isn't that worse than anything a bank could do?

That's a pretty good smack-down by Baldwin, but the other guy makes a valid point. As long as celebs and profiteering politicians "sympathize with OWS", they all get a free pass from this so-called 'movement'.

Except for the minor point that Baldwin's hiding behind his charitable contributions, for which he gets a tax deduction. When everyone good "progressive" like Baldwin knows that that money should be taxed at a 100% "windfall" tax and used by the government, who can put it to good use much more efficiently than charities.

And by the way, why isn't OWS protesting lotteries? A scheme designed to take money from millions of working class people and make one person a 'top 1%er'?? Isn't that worse than anything a bank could do?

Lotteries are government programs, hence not exploitave in the capitalist sense, hence permissible.

I have an idea: I'll post my resume here and see if I get any job offers!

24 year old male seeking full time employment

I graduated with high honors in 2005

I have a bachelors in Political Science 3.1 GPA

2 Associates Degrees in Criminal Justice and Liberal Art: Math & Science 2.9 GPA

I have been employed in Service industry jobs since I was 16. I am an excellent typist and am self-motivated.

PM with any interest please. Hope to here from you.

I don't have any political scientist jobs available; what else are you qualified to do?

Except for the minor point that Baldwin's hiding behind his charitable contributions, for which he gets a tax deduction. When everyone good "progressive" like Baldwin knows that that money should be taxed at a 100% "windfall" tax and used by the government, who can put it to good use much more efficiently than charities.

And that's the best part. This uber-liberal felt that he could make better decisions on what to do with his money than the government.

I think they are hunkering down for the winter, laying their plans and will be back in the streets in the Spring. Then it will be a looooong warm weather season and it will be up to the municipalities to crack down and prevent OWS from getting a foothold.

Nah.

You're looking at this all wrong. The municipalities that are run by far-leftists, like Oakland, actually think that they are on the OWS team. The fact that Oakland's mayor has now permanently doomed herself from having any chance at re-election won't be considered...until after she loses, and promptly blames Rush Limbaugh for her failures.

So, if you are the Republican you seem, you want these "footholds" to occur. In fact, you can't wait for spring, and you want this buffoonery to last all summer and into the fall. If you are Rush Limbaugh, you are dying for these footholds to occur. The entertainment value alone, of having one more trust fund baby be unable to articulate what they are pissed about, is worth it's weight in oil, never mind gold.

Let the far left F themselves over as they always do, have patience, and don't worry: the only way this doesn't turn out well for you is if your party gets in the way of them F'ing themselves a la Lewinski.

I have an idea: I'll post my resume here and see if I get any job offers!

24 year old male seeking full time employment

I graduated with high honors in 2005

I have a bachelors in Political Science 3.1 GPA

2 Associates Degrees in Criminal Justice and Liberal Art: Math & Science 2.9 GPA

I have been employed in Service industry jobs since I was 16. I am an excellent typist and am self-motivated.

PM with any interest please. Hope to here from you.

:)

So your qualifications for a job is that you have worked in the service industry and have a pulse.

The comments under that are brilliant.

This girl doesn't even know what the !@#$ she's studying.

She’s already studying for her exams to be a certified financial analyst.

It's chartered not certified, there is no score, simply pass or fail and just by that sentence alone violated the code of ethics :wallbash:

Ok i'm venting.

Alec Baldwin Gets Kicked Off an American Airlines Plane