The occupy Wall Street movement spreads

I didn't say that there won't be a lot of focus on the econony. Of course there will be. His opposition won't be the ones bringing it up and will want to downplay it whe it does come up.

I am just saying it was an ill-timed comment on his part. It won't help him at all. He is right about some of the people who don't want jobs, but there are some hard working people out there, and that can be used as a slap at them.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like Newt just lost the OWS vote. Might as well pack it in.

Not about one group's vote- it is about keeping momentum. Ask the other candidates about that, if they are still responding to questions. There is a reason Romney remains the front runner- he has done nothing special, but avoiding stupid gaffes probably should be categorized as extraordinary.

I am just saying it was an ill-timed comment on his part. It won't help him at all. He is right about some of the people who don't want jobs, but there are some hard working people out there, and that can be used as a slap at them.

You are over-reaching on this, as were many talking head commentators this AM.

Newt was not addressing the "unemployed", but very specifically the OWS protesters.

and there are some very publicized sanitary condition problems at many sites. So Newt makes a back-handed comment on this, it is certainly is not the problem with the public that some are making it out to be.

Edited by B-Man

Not about one group's vote- it is about keeping momentum. Ask the other candidates about that, if they are still responding to questions. There is a reason Romney remains the front runner- he has done nothing special, but avoiding stupid gaffes probably should be categorized as extraordinary.

Stuff like this is great for momentum. He said exactly what the people whose votes he's seeking are thinking. Anyone who was offended by this is a damn dirty hippy or some whiny liberal douche who'd never get behind him anyway.

You are over-reaching on this, as were many talking head commentators this AM.

Newt was not addressing the "unemployed", but very specifically the OWS protesters.

and there are some very publicized sanitary condition problems at many sites. So Newt makes a back-handed comment on this, it is certainly is not the problem with the public that some are making it out to be.

Not really. I don't even care about the comment. The fact is it can be used by his opposition.

Not really. I don't even care about the comment. The fact is it can be used by his opposition.

You are correct.

But the real fact is, they would take any statement he utters and try and use it to their own spin.

So, he should continue to speak out as he sees fit, no matter what.

Lib friend of mine is all bent out of shape at the "dehumanizing" comments from Newt.

This would be the SAME lib friend who calls me (and pretty much everyone to the right of Stalin) a "terrorist teabagger."

Unreal.

I thought Newt's comments were maybe coarse and could be perceived as elitist, but it was hardly dehumanizing. It was just words for goodness sake.

Stuff like this is great for momentum. He said exactly what the people whose votes he's seeking are thinking. Anyone who was offended by this is a damn dirty hippy or some whiny liberal douche who'd never get behind him anyway.

Spot on. He is saying what his desired support base is already thinking anyways and he will get a boost from calling it the way it is. Let's face it the OWS morons aren't smart enough to think for themselves and analyze a situation anyways and will already vote dem if they have the motivation to leave their parents basements. Newt can only stand to benefit from his comments

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

Spot on. He is saying what his desired support base is already thinking anyways and he will get a boost from calling it the way it is. Let's face it the OWS morons aren't smart enough to thinly for themselves and analyze a situation anyways and will already vote dem if they have the motivation to leave their parents basements. Newt can only stand to benefit from his comments

His base already was going to vote for him. They don't matter.

He is already the nominee ?

He is trying to separate himself from the pack and build on his momentum. He isn't trying to appease the libtard media because they will always spin anything a conservative says so it is irrelevant

He won't get passed Romney and has shown why. Very undisciplined. Not as bad as Bachman, but still bad.

His base already was going to vote for him. They don't matter.

What I lament is the lack of reality left in America. Has anyone seen these people? If so how can anyone get upset by someone suggesting a bath? Geez.

Do you know what a bath could do for these loser hippy morons?

It could transform them into loser hippy morons without lice, body odor and ringworm.

What I lament is the lack of reality left in America. Has anyone seen these people? If so how can anyone get upset by someone suggesting a bath? Geez.

Do you know what a bath could do for these loser hippy morons?

It could transform them into loser hippy morons without lice, body odor and ringworm.

But who would there be to make fun of then. Oh wait, this is also a Bills board too

Lib friend of mine is all bent out of shape at the "dehumanizing" comments from Newt.

This would be the SAME lib friend who calls me (and pretty much everyone to the right of Stalin) a "terrorist teabagger."

Unreal.

**** like that is why I don't have friends.