The occupy Wall Street movement spreads

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

U.N. Envoy: U.S. Isn't Protecting Occupy Protesters' Rights

WASHINGTON -- The United Nations envoy for freedom of expression is drafting an official communication to the U.S. government demanding to know why federal officials are not protecting the rights of Occupy demonstrators whose protests are being disbanded -- sometimes violently -- by local authorities.

La Rue said the protesters are raising and addressing a fundamental issue. "There is legitimate reason to be indignant and angry about a crisis that was originated by greed and the personal interests of certain sectors," he said. That's especially the case when the bankers "still earn very hefty salaries and common folks are losing their homes."

:doh:

Edited by meazza

I love the part where the article points out that property is being confiscated from people who are protesting people owning property. :w00t:

Thank God the UN is there to protect the rights of people who have no idea what they're protesting.

"Occupy Wimps"

Let’s see, Gandhi spent years in prison as he protested against British occupation of India as part of a 30-year movement that eventually gained independence for India.

Martin Luther King was jailed many times, including in Birmingham, Alabama, where he was helpless to stop the police from having firemen hose down children and teenagers who protested for civil rights.

From LA Now: “Most of the roughly 300 Occupy L.A. protesters were released from jail by Friday evening, with some immediately speaking out on the police raid that cleared their camp. One speaker suggested that some of those arrested might need therapy. Several said they felt traumatized after witnessing police use nonlethal force and being forced to wait for hours in zip-tie handcuffs.

From LA Now: “Most of the roughly 300 Occupy L.A. protesters were released from jail by Friday evening, with some immediately speaking out on the police raid that cleared their camp. One speaker suggested that some of those arrested might need therapy.

I have a strong suspicion that most of them needed therapy a long time ago.

Country full of victims... :wallbash:

From OWS to the top 1% in just a few days!!

More proof that this joke of a 'movement' is nothing more than a collection bunch of bored rich kids, homeless bums and a handful of the anarchist psychos.

I have an idea: I'll post my resume here and see if I get any job offers!

24 year old male seeking full time employment

I graduated with high honors in 2005

I have a bachelors in Political Science 3.1 GPA

2 Associates Degrees in Criminal Justice and Liberal Art: Math & Science 2.9 GPA

I have been employed in Service industry jobs since I was 16. I am an excellent typist and am self-motivated.

PM with any interest please. Hope to here from you.

:)

Edited by Buff_bills4ever

2 Associates Degrees in Criminal Justice and Liberal Art: Math & Science 2.9 GPA

I have been employed in Service industry jobs since I was 16. I am an excellent typist and am self-motivated.

Will you clean my bathroom for miminum wage?

Dead Movement Walking: Top Six Signs the Left And Mainstream Media Have Hung Occupy Out to Dry

FTA:

1. MSM Is No Longer Infatuated With Occupy

2. Jon Stewart Guts Occupy

3. AP Pretends Democrats Never Supported Occupy

4. Slate Freaks Over Ad Connecting High-Profile Democrat To Occupy

5. New Yorker Bares Occupy's Astro-turf For the World To See

6. Liberal Cities Evict Occupy

All as expected, and as I predicted, in this thread.

The MSM may think they are done with OWS.

They are mistaken.

They will get to re-live their stupidity in the Republican campaign ads. They will take money, of course, to run them on their air. They will also get another opportunity to re-live it in the debates.

This has the potential to be the equivalent of "I voted for it before I voted against it". Perhaps even better than that, because instead of being a linear, singular thought, OWS can be interpreted so many different ways, has so many connotations, and therefore can be used a number of different ways.

Again, if you want something done, put the far-left in charge of doing the opposite.TM

Erie county cop. Buck thirty a year, till you retire. Then buck and a half.

If there was ever any doubt that OWS is the reincarnation of 19th century anarchist movement and has nothing at all with anything remotely connected to the American Republic, this should put it to rest:

Wall Street on Ocean?

"A month after Occupy Oakland protesters angered port workers by shutting down the city port during a city-wide strike, protesters are calling for a larger West Coast port shutdown Dec. 12."

"But port workers and operators say they are not in support of the shutdown, which is planned for ports in San Diego, L.A., Oakland, Portland, Vancouver, Tacoma and Seattle."

It just gets better & better.

I think they are hunkering down for the winter, laying their plans and will be back in the streets in the Spring. Then it will be a looooong warm weather season and it will be up to the municipalities to crack down and prevent OWS from getting a foothold.