The occupy Wall Street movement spreads

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You must be a racist I only ever see white kids in this protest.

What are you mad at ? What are you trying to change ? How do you plan to accomplish your objective?

Don't try asking him questions. He might get a migraine.

I'm typically not a big fan of the "Can you imagine if..." discussion, but it's impossible to watch the things these people are saying and doing, compare it to the coverage of the tea party protesters, and and ask yourself "Can you imagine if just one tea party protester was on camera saying violence may be required? Can you imagine if one of the tea party protesters was shown taking a crap on a police car? Can you imagine if one of the tea party protesters was arrested for ANYTHING?"

It's pretty embarrassing.

There are bad people at the Wall Street protest and bad people in the tea party. People should be able to protest whatever they want. Most of the time, nothing will come of it, but without protest, there can be no room for improvement. We are a great nation, but not perfect.

There are bad people at the Wall Street protest and bad people in the tea party. People should be able to protest whatever they want. Most of the time, nothing will come of it, but without protest, there can be no room for improvement. We are a great nation, but not perfect.

There us very little in common between OWS and the tea party.

There us very little in common between OWS and the tea party.

I disagree- both want government and the private sector to have less to do with each other. Now I could be wrong about that and projecting my own wishes onto the protests, but that is my opinion, FWIW.

Yesbut, do you ever do anything but equivocate? Doesn't the top rail of that fence get a little uncomfortable?

I disagree- both want government and the private sector to have less to do with each other. Now I could be wrong about that and projecting my own wishes onto the protests, but that is my opinion, FWIW.

Tea Party = less government

OWS = more government

BIG differences.

Yesbut, do you ever do anything but equivocate? Doesn't the top rail of that fence get a little uncomfortable?

If you see things that way, that's fine. I look for the best ideas and best leaders on both sides, instead of being narrow minded. I will never be liberal/conservative, democrat/republican. Both have showed the capacity for both success and failure.

Tea Party = less government

OWS = more government

BIG differences.

Would both groups agree that we need to cut the influence of lobbyists on our elected officials?

Edited by Adam

If you see things that way, that's fine. I look for the best ideas and best leaders on both sides, instead of being narrow minded. I will never be liberal/conservative, democrat/republican. Both have showed the capacity for both success and failure.

Would both groups agree that we need to cut the influence of lobbyists on our elected officials?

"Now there you go again." Do you actually mean that you look for the best leaders on both sides and then follow them?

"Now there you go again." Do you actually mean that you look for the best leaders on both sides and then follow them?

I'd say I vote for them. I don't do very many political things or go to rallies, if that is what you mean. I enjoy being employed in these tough times, so I don't have time for that.

Yes

They would agree that we need to cut the influence of lobbyists, but only the lobbyists they disagree with

And they have more money than all of us combined. Glad you followed what I was saying- I'm not always the best at communicating my thoughts

I'd say I vote for them. I don't do very many political things or go to rallies, if that is what you mean. I enjoy being employed in these tough times, so I don't have time for that.

So, you would vote for people diametrically opposed in philosophy as long as they were good leaders? What if they are running against each other? What would you do, flip a coin?

So, you would vote for people diametrically opposed in philosophy as long as they were good leaders? What if they are running against each other? What would you do, flip a coin?

Yes on the first question. I never believe that I am always right. Conservative leaders have done well and so have liberals. President Reagan did an good job for much of his presidency and he raised taxes a few times, didn't he? A good leader does what is needed, not always what he wants.

If they are running against each other, it is my duty to research them and see which I feel is better.

Yes on the first question. I never believe that I am always right. Conservative leaders have done well and so have liberals. President Reagan did an good job for much of his presidency and he raised taxes a few times, didn't he? A good leader does what is needed, not always what he wants.

If they are running against each other, it is my duty to research them and see which I feel is better.

So, personal philosophy doesn't enter into it? BTW, what liberals have done well?

So, personal philosophy doesn't enter into it? BTW, what liberals have done well?

Our country thrived under President Clinton- I know many conservatives refute the reasons, but I find that just as distasteful as how some of the liberals talk about President Bush.

Liberals have their place, so do conservatives. One pushes to do new things, the other remains frugal. One is for domestic advancements, the other is more for defense. We need both and there is no way around it. I laugh when I hear the lunatic base of both parties complain when they have someone in the white house and that person moves more towards the center- it is called being practical.

Crone capitalism grows out of to much centralized power. This type of power is the leftists(OWS) wet dream. No so much of a dream any more I suppose. Tea Party is not for a all powerful Fed government.