The occupy Wall Street movement spreads

How could you not notice? Here is a nice little fact, in over 2 years of the Tea Party there have been 0 arrests. In a little over a month's worth of OWS demonstrating there have been over 1200 arrests and a few injured people. However, if you see the coverage from most of the media, OWS is a wonderful organic movement, on the other hand, Tea Partiers are a bunch of disruptive angry racists.

So again, Facts, 0 arrests in countless protests, and over 1200 with injuries in about a months worth of demonstrations.

This is why you have media organizations such as FOX that are dominating ratings, because they are basically the only network that covers the other side of the coin.

You absolutely nail it here.

One thing I will add which will somehow affect all of this OWS stuff: the OWS crowd never leaves. It just stays and stays and stays and after a while, regardless of their cause, most of America is going to look at them and say, "Yeah, okay, we get it. Wall Street bad. But when, exactly, do you people go to work? How can you just sleep in a park day after day and not tend to your own responsibilities?"

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You absolutely nail it here.

One thing I will add which will somehow affect all of this OWS stuff: the OWS crowd never leaves. It just stays and stays and stays and after a while, regardless of their cause, most of America is going to look at them and say, "Yeah, okay, we get it. Wall Street bad. But when, exactly, do you people go to work? How can you just sleep in a park day after day and not tend to your own responsibilities?"

Doobage makes it desirable to sleep in parks and annoy the crap out of other people.

Wow. Those photos look EXACTLY like a tea party rally.

And it's amazing how those that are so vocal about preserving the planet are so quick to trash it.

SF, one of the most liberal cities on the planet is also, in some areas, the most disgustingly dirty.

And it's amazing how those that are so vocal about preserving the planet are so quick to trash it.

SF, one of the most liberal cities on the planet is also, in some areas, the most disgustingly dirty.

The problem is that they don't see this as trashing anything. To these folks, this is simply an acceptable way to live.

I cant reconcile how these protesters want "Wall Street" to be held accountable for their actions, but when it comes to the protester's own actions about getting permits, or marching or even cleaning up after themselves, all of a sudden the concept of "accountability" becomes foreign to them.

Stupid.

Good for Ed. I'll have to swing by City Hall tomorrow and check them out. I've been avoiding them but it's always fun to take a trip to the zoo. Smell the sh1t, see the unwashed animals in their primitive habitats. I should drop off a case of non-Aluminum oxide based deodorant.

2 things. The DCCC is trying to co-opt these idiots*. :wacko: And, even more amazingly, trying to raise money from them. :lol: As if they will give you money, morons, when there's weed to buy. Rendell knows this, and also understands that the $50 in change the DCCC gets from these people is not worth the tens of millions of PR damage that will be done to House Democratic candidates if they get visually associated with these clowns. Therefore, he's trying to nip this in the bud before the idiots at the DCCC drag down the entire Democratic Party into the mud.

Rendell is no fool.

The second thing: Rendell could easily run for President in 2016. Being on the record telling these people to go home, regularly appearing on conservative talk shows, Fox, etc. reminds people he is one of the most reasonable Democrats you are likely to come across, and even palatable to many reasonable Republicans.

Again, Rendell is no fool.

If the new Republican President is a clown, Rendell could cakewalk into the job.

Edit: * what on God's green earth makes the DCCC think these people will be of any use politically is beyond me.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Why is the MSM not blasting these idiots ? If they want to blast the tea party relentlessly at every opportunity and they don't expose these losers for who they are further shows an objective MSM media is extinct

Because this is their affluent kids' "Woodstock" moment...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2047664/Occupy-Wall-Street-Children-1-good-time-protests.html

"Hard life: A group of college girls at the site. Some spoke of attending Bard, a private school which charges $200,000 in fees"

The MSM are made up of people who think that they're still hip young rebels who have seemingly fooled themselves into thinking they didn't sell out a long time ago. I'm sure the next contradictory thing to come is protesters selling trendy "Occupy Wallstreet" t-shirts.

Edited by 1billsfan

Edit: * what on God's green earth makes the DCCC think these people will be of any use politically is beyond me.

Well pretty much all of today's democrat leaders and half of today's republican leaders were loser hippies on the 60s. They are still loser hippies but with nice suits.

Why is the MSM not blasting these idiots ? If they want to blast the tea party relentlessly at every opportunity and they don't expose these losers for who they are further shows an objective MSM media is extinct

Everytime I see an "occupier" on the news, it pretty much the same thing. "They said we wouldn't last the night, but we've been her for almost 4 weeks now. Whooooooo!"

And yet after a month, they still can't articulate what their goals are, what they want, or why they're even there. Why doesn't the media start covering monkey s#$% fights at the zoo while they're at it? They're a little more organized and the goals, objectives and motives are certainly more clear.

Edited by Jauronimo

Well pretty much all of today's democrat leaders and half of today's republican leaders were loser hippies on the 60s. They are still loser hippies but with nice suits.

The difference is: they were motivated, organized, had a message and stayed much more disciplined with it, and ultimately: were effective to a degree as a result. Too bad for them, we are going to have to tear down everything they believe in, :D because, it doesn't f'ing work, and even if it did, now we can't afford it, because they overdid it.

And, over the long term, their unwillingness to actually live their beliefs is obvious. They are clearly the most selfish generation we have ever had.

To wit:

1. Baby Boomers in the 70s wanted everybody else to pay for their college/grad school, bought their first house = Carter

2. " in the 80s wanted low taxes because now they had their first job, stated their company/family, bought their first house and wanted interest rate to go down = Reagan

3. " in the 90s wanted everybody else to pay for their kids college and train their employees and din't want to pay for their health care = Clinton

4. " in the 00s wanted low taxes now that their kids were out and they were looking at retirement = W

5. " now want Obama to make sure they continue to get 3x what they paid in to Medicare and don't want to it to be means tested or the age of any of the entitlements adjusted to the fact that there are too many of them still alive for these programs to be functional.

:D It's funny, because it's true.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

The difference is: they were motivated, organized, had a message and stayed much more disciplined with it, and ultimately: were effective to a degree as a result. Too bad for them, we are going to have to tear down everything they believe in, :D because, it doesn't f'ing work, and even if it did, now we can't afford it, because they overdid it.

And, over the long term, their unwillingness to actually live their beliefs is obvious. They are clearly the most selfish generation we have ever had.

To wit:.....

Wit my foot. None of that was funny.

And if you think it was organized in the sixties you are reading too many books written by hippies. Stoned and organized do not go together.