What the heck - someone old explain this

daquixers

Can someone older than me explain why OJ ever said this:

"That business about leaving Buffalo is behind me now. I intend to finish out my career with the Bills. But I'll tell you this: I think the Bills would have been better off if they'd made a trade for me."

Why would we be better of we traded him?

"That business about leaving Buffalo is behind me now. I intend to finish out my career with the Bills. But I'll tell you this: I think the Bills would have been better off if they'd made a trade for me."

Why would we be better of we traded him?

172192[/snapback]

??? Context of quote ???

The Bills were better off when they traded him to the '9ers. OJ was old and broken by then. I believe the Bills used one of the draft choices they aquired for OJ to select Joe Cribbs.

OJs last few years with Buffalo weren't that great. There was a lot of criticism over his missing games due to injury.

Heres the link. http://ww3.sportsline.com/b/member/playboy/7612.html .

It explains him wanting to go to another team but it doesnt say why it would have been better for the Bills to trade him.

172227[/snapback]

As the other link (with alll the obscure Bills players) mentioned, it was a very bad team all around and having OJ on the squad did not help much.

OJ was proven right in retrospect that the Bills got a lot more value by trading his diminished skills for great draft picks in the future. (key Tom Cousineau which lead us to Jim Kelly)

As the other link (with alll the obscure Bills players) mentioned, it was a very bad team all around and having OJ on the squad did not help much.

OJ was proven right in retrospect that the Bills got a lot more value by trading his diminished skills for great draft picks in the future.  (key Tom Cousineau which lead us to Jim Kelly)

172243[/snapback]

Yeah, but what did Jim Kelly ever do for us?

172192[/snapback]

maybe oj just got done partying with rick james...b*tch!

Boy, did anyone catch those moves Saban made prior to the 1976 season ? Little wonder the Bills went down the tubes. Then Saban quits and Jim Ringo runs us into the ground even further. Living in a season ticket family, I was in High School at the time...also at every game.

O.J. ended his holdout the day before the opener in 1976. After 1977, he was traded away to the 49ers.

The Bills only played in 1 playoff game during the Simpson era, losing 32-14 to the Steelers in 1974. Ralph eventually paid O. J. but was frugal with the rest of the roster. Most good players were glad to leave. Probably has a lot to do with O. J.'s comments.