Cool story about the goalpost from the 1980 Miami game

I have a piece of the goalpost torn down after that game, myself. Just a small piece, mind you, but its mounted on a little plaque on my wall. Maybe some others of you have one of these too. They were made available by WBEN Radio. Anyhow, it helps me remember another one of the great moments in Buffalo Bills history.

A friend of mine told me about how her Father (who just recently passed away) rushed the field at that game and took part of the goal post on the bus that drove them to the game. The driver of the bus wasnt sure what to do, and him and his friend just yelled "drive" and the driver took off. She didnt have the piece but her dads friend still does.

A few things I vaguely remember about that 1980 exorcism of the Miami curse.

1) A group of fans dragged a part of the goalpost right up to and in front of Ralph Wilson's suite to present to him.

2) The Bills beat the Jets the following week at Rich Stadium and the fans once again tore the goalposts down to which Wilson smilingly remarked (paraphrasing from foggy memory), "as long as we keep winning I'll keep buying new goalposts."

A few things I vaguely remember about that 1980 exorcism of the Miami curse.

1) A group of fans dragged a part of the goalpost right up to and in front of Ralph Wilson's suite to present to him.

2) The Bills beat the Jets the following week at Rich Stadium and the fans once again tore the goalposts down to which Wilson smilingly remarked (paraphrasing from foggy memory), "as long as we keep winning I'll keep buying new goalposts."

They did do that.I had killer seats at that game, 40 yard line maybe 5 rows up. When the game was getting away from Miami I could hear Shula yelling "WHAT ARE WE DOING OUT THERE? WHAT ARE WE DOING OUT THERE?". Classic.