If There Is One Addition Needed To Bring This Team

It is someone like Demarcus Ware. I know these types are next to impossible to find but God are they fun to watch and can change games instantly. Who in the this league would be considered close to that talent and who are the guys that would be considered even a level below that? I suppose for now, Merriman is are only hope and we may see some glimpses on Sunday.

I'd have to say Demarcus Ware 2.0 will be Brandon Jenkins from Florida State. 13.5 sacks, 21.5 tackles for loss last year and 2 sacks already this year. Watch him next weekend 12:30 PM ET against Wake Forest (who actually has a better conference record at this point) and see what you think. Would he be available at RD1#32, I dunno. :rolleyes:

I'd have to say Demarcus Ware 2.0 will be Brandon Jenkins from Florida State. 13.5 sacks, 21.5 tackles for loss last year and 2 sacks already this year. Watch him next weekend 12:30 PM ET against Wake Forest (who actually has a better conference record at this point) and see what you think. Would he be available at RD1#32, I dunno. :rolleyes:

Love b jenks!

All we need is Lawrence Taylor and we're set.

And Michael Jordan, for depth.

Yer the offense is over achievers but not so much the defense

I'm not sure they are overachieving. Watching the offense, we set carefully designed plays at the right time consistently that exploit defenses. The execution is crisp. Bottom line is we seem like a well prepared team with a QB who is exceptional at making good, quick decisions that is perfect for this type of offense. Unexpected? Yes. Overachieving? I really don't see it like that.

I'm still pissed that they took Maybin over Orakpo! What were they smoking that made that idea seem good?

Dr. Feelgood strawberry flavored cannabinoid incense (not for human consumption)?

Or maybe they were just smoking arsenic.

Edited by SouthGeorgiaBillsFan

I'm not sure they are overachieving. Watching the offense, we set carefully designed plays at the right time consistently that exploit defenses. The execution is crisp. Bottom line is we seem like a well prepared team with a QB who is exceptional at making good, quick decisions that is perfect for this type of offense. Unexpected? Yes. Overachieving? I really don't see it like that.

Or maybe they were just smoking arsenic.

What i meant from over achieving is that they are achieving more than the outsiders thought they would. We all knew Nelson was a good slot reciever, jones was a deep threat, stevie J is just plain awesome, Freddie is a premier RB and that Fitz was a very good Leader and QB. But the rest of the world didnt know that.

All we need is Lawrence Taylor and we're set.

And Michael Jordan, for depth.

I know you're being sarcastic here, but do you still believe we don't need a pass rusher? In your words, "a pass rusher on this defense is a luxury". An edge rusher with speed who can get after the QB, is NEVER a luxury on ANY defense!

I agree with the others... a pass rusher would cure many defensive ails at the moment. Hopefully Merriman starts to turn his game around this Sunday and Moats gets a few pressures off the edge.

Edited by JayBaller10