Obama kills American citizen

DaveinElma

Oh, okay. Then you're not an idiot.

No, he's still an idiot.

If the ACLU is against it, I'm all for it. :thumbsup:

Exactly. :lol:

Honestly, anyone who has a problem with us offing some terrorist POS because of where he happened to be born needs to pull their head out of their ass. The military has been executing traitors since the founding of this country. And hopefully we'll continue doing it for a very long time.

The ACLU plays an important role in providing a check on government actions, and I am glad that they are advocates for citizen's rights. Having said that, in this case Anwar al-Awlaki has publicly advocated violence against Americans and actively took a lead in trying to plan such activity, while hiding in foreign countries to avoid American justice. The action to take him out when given the opportunity was appropriate and should be applauded. He was the biggest terrorist target after Bin Laden.

The Obama administration has done a superb job of moving our assets away from Iraq, and refocusing them on the terrorist networks that attacked us and want to attack again, putting them on the run in Afghanistan, and taking the war to them in Pakistan and Yemen with human intelligence, special ops, and a dramatic increase in the use of Predator drones.

No, he's still an idiot.

Exactly. :lol:

Honestly, anyone who has a problem with us offing some terrorist POS because of where he happened to be born needs to pull their head out of their ass. The military has been executing traitors since the founding of this country. And hopefully we'll continue doing it for a very long time.

Did we kill the dungeons and dragons guy yet? I think his name is Adam.

The ACLU plays an important role in providing a check on government actions, and I am glad that they are advocates for citizen's rights. Having said that, in this case Anwar al-Awlaki has publicly advocated violence against Americans and actively took a lead in trying to plan such activity, while hiding in foreign countries to avoid American justice. The action to take him out when given the opportunity was appropriate and should be applauded. He was the biggest terrorist target after Bin Laden.

The Obama administration has done a superb job of moving our assets away from Iraq, and refocusing them on the terrorist networks that attacked us and want to attack again, putting them on the run in Afghanistan, and taking the war to them in Pakistan and Yemen with human intelligence, special ops, and a dramatic increase in the use of Predator drones.

I can't imagine you saying this if Bush was still in office.

That dude Peace is advocating violence in another thread on this very board. He is saying we should forcefully bathe hippies. I am not sure he is hiding out in another country but are the other two things enough? To most people a bth is not terror but to a hippy it is like Superman and stalagmite.

According to this, there was a DoJ memo outlining why killing AA-A is legal. The memo is convieniently classified

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/10/the-secret-memo-that-explains-why-obama-can-kill-americans/246004/

And then there's the fact that "a good many Obama supporters thought that secret legal opinions by the Justice Department -- rationalizing torture and domestic military arrests, for example -- had gone out the door along with the Bush administration,"

Yeah, Mr. Obama...the view is just a little different when it's your ass in the big, armor-plated bulletproof chair, i'n't it?

Yeah, Mr. Obama...the view is just a little different when it's your ass in the big, armor-plated bulletproof chair, i'n't it?

And I'm sure there will be a thorough DoJ review to see if the drone "pilot" broke any laws. The hypocricy of this administration is astounding.

And I'm sure there will be a thorough DoJ review to see if the drone "pilot" broke any laws. The hypocricy of this administration is astounding.

I could just see them doing that, and deciding "the pilot didn't do anything wrong."

Whilst forgetting to mention that it's a !@#$ing drone, it doesn't have a pilot. (Which is why you put it in quotes, I know.)