Jim Kelly tailgating

http://sports.yahoo....jim_kelly092811

I know this article came out yesterday, but this is news to me. Does he go to all the games? Where does he park? Who does he roll with? Does he tip em back? This is all very fascinating to me.

I thought he RVed behind the stadium outside the tunnel in a "Controlled Area" where No Fans are allowed not in the middle of the RV parking lot.

I know, weird, huh? Just like a real person would do! :wallbash:

BTW - that blue collar mentality, coming from his humble beginnings in East Brady, is one of the reasons he fit in so well in Buffalo. It really took hold once he got all the college-aged Hollywood playboy big man on campus stuff out of his system and got a dose of reality in Buffalo, I believe he came back to earth. Especially since he was surrounded by several other big egos with those super teams. I think guys like Thurman and Kent kept him in check if his head got too big. The 1989 Bickering Bills were a turning point in his maturing process.

Does he tip a few? Does Dolly Parton sleep on her back? Are the Kennedys gun shy?

Edited by DML2005

I know, weird, huh? Just like a real person would do! :wallbash:

BTW - that blue collar mentality, coming from his humble beginnings in East Brady, is one of the reasons he fit in so well in Buffalo. It really took hold once he got all the college-aged Hollywood playboy big man on campus stuff out of his system and got a dose of reality in Buffalo, I believe he came back to earth. Especially since he was surrounded by several other big egos with those super teams. I think guys like Thurman and Kent kept him in check if his head got too big. The 1989 Bickering Bills were a turning point in his maturing process.

Does he tip a few? Does Dolly Parton sleep on her back? Are the Kennedys gun shy?

Jim Kelly is a born again who dealt with substance (not abuse per se, but the dude partied pretty hard) issues. I don't think it was a ridiculous question to ask if he drinks at the games.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Jim Kelly is a born again who dealt with substance (not abuse per se, but the dude partied pretty hard) issues. I don't think it was a ridiculous question to ask if he drinks at the games.

Why do you care if he drinks? Why so "fascinated" by what Jim Kelly does during his leisure time? The Entrainment Tonight and TMZ mentality in the country has run rampant. America has turned into a bunch of gossipy old washer women and voyeurs.

I thought he RVed behind the stadium outside the tunnel in a "Controlled Area" where No Fans are allowed not in the middle of the RV parking lot.

His RV parks between the stadium and the field house in a spot most cars/RVs can't access. I've walked right by on my way to the Bills store before games, but I'm sure if lots of people start showing up, they'll start controlling even walking access into that area.

Perhaps the writer of said article was utilizing a little hyperbole on us, gents. A little poetic license to sell the story a little harder. That said, even if Jimbo isn't in the middle of the parking lot, exchanging chest bumps with Joe Fan, it's still a good article.

Why do you care if he drinks? Why so "fascinated" by what Jim Kelly does during his leisure time? The Entrainment Tonight and TMZ mentality in the country has run rampant. America has turned into a bunch of gossipy old washer women and voyeurs.

Alright, now I'm a little perturbed with you. I don't read People magazine or watch reality TV. When the most important player in your franchise's history is tailgating in the parking lot before home games, that is noteworthy, I'm sorry. It's not like I asked what he was wearing. So if you were walking past Jim Kelly shotgunning a beer in the 7-11 Lot at 11:30 on your way to the port-o-potties and one of your friends was like, "Dude that's Jim Kelly!" you'd say, smugly, "Dude it's not a big deal, don't stare. He's just like any other tailgater." What are you from LA or something?

I think the point is that we're all used to seeing Jim Kelly around town -- at Bills games, at concerts (I've seen him stageside for Springsteen and Van Halen), lots of places. I mean, we'd probably still say "Dude, that's Jim Kelly!" but not out of shock that he would actually be seen in public with normal people.