Rough week for bean town continues

truth on hold

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why any team would want the Red Sox to miss the playoffs after the way this September has gone. If anything, that should be the one team they're dying to play against.

It's the fans of other teams who don't want to see the Red Sox in the playoffs. It gets kinda ridiculous in Boston when you go to a game vs Detroit and the street vendor with the biggest line is selling Yankees Suck tee shirts. The Red Sox missing the playoffs is especially sweet to Yankees fans because we hate their fans more than the team itself, and it's so sweet knowing how much they are suffering. In reality, the Red Sox players & management are nowhere near as unlikeable as the Patriots guys, but the fans are just as obnoxious, because for the most part, they're the same people.

It's the fans of other teams who don't want to see the Red Sox in the playoffs. It gets kinda ridiculous in Boston when you go to a game vs Detroit and the street vendor with the biggest line is selling Yankees Suck tee shirts. The Red Sox missing the playoffs is especially sweet to Yankees fans because we hate their fans more than the team itself, and it's so sweet knowing how much they are suffering. In reality, the Red Sox players & management are nowhere near as unlikeable as the Patriots guys, but the fans are just as obnoxious, because for the most part, they're the same people.

And the funny part in all of that? Red Sox and Yankees fans have now become the same exact person.

Bull ****!!!! At least for me and fellow fans that I know.... As a fan of the Yankees we talk the talk because our team has produced and continuously strives to win championship after championship...working on #28 beginning tomorrow....Red Sox went 86 years and still have a fraction of hardware as the Yankees and the fans of the Red Sox seem to think they are superior to the yankees. The Yankees walk the walk so that we fans can talk the talk....

And the funny part in all of that? Red Sox and Yankees fans have now become the same exact person.

Bull ****!!!! At least for me and fellow fans that I know.... As a fan of the Yankees we talk the talk because our team has produced and continuously strives to win championship after championship...working on #28 beginning tomorrow....Red Sox went 86 years and still have a fraction of hardware as the Yankees and the fans of the Red Sox seem to think they are superior to the yankees. The Yankees walk the walk so that we fans can talk the talk....

Arrogance, and endless budget, and constant complaints about the other side. Which fanbase am I describing?

I was speaking to someone with an economic interest in the yankees 2 weeks ago and he wanted the red sox to make it because a series against them would generate greater media interest and more fan attendance.

OK, I get the greater media interest and likely more advertising revenue as more people watch on YES (or ESPN or whatever channel the games are on). But don't the Yanks sell out most of their regular season games and all of their playoff games? If so, how does a series against the Sox generate greater attendance? If not, what the !@#$ is wrong with the Yankee fans that in a metropolitan population of ~11MM, they can't sell out Yankee Stadium without the Sox coming to town?

Look I get people hating on the Yankees, but if u are truly honest with yourself I would contend its actually more jealousy than hatred. Sure the Yankees have deep pockets..but they are one of the only ones to consistently reinvest that money into the team to try and field a championship team. Doesn't always work. I wish Ralph Wilson was more like the Steinbrenners.

As for arrogance, while we as fans play zero part in the teams accomplishments, er are allowed to brag...and it ain't bragging if you can back it up, and the Yankees have certainly backed it up for us schlubs.

Arrogance, and endless budget, and constant complaints about the other side. Which fanbase am I describing?

OK, I get the greater media interest and likely more advertising revenue as more people watch on YES (or ESPN or whatever channel the games are on). But don't the Yanks sell out most of their regular season games and all of their playoff games? If so, how does a series against the Sox generate greater attendance? If not, what the !@#$ is wrong with the Yankee fans that in a metropolitan population of ~11MM, they can't sell out Yankee Stadium without the Sox coming to town?

NYC supports 2 teams, not every game is sold out, and Actual attendance is a key variable as it relates to revenue from concessions, food, beverage, souvenirs, parking etc

NYC supports 2 teams, not every game is sold out, and Actual attendance is a key variable as it relates to revenue from concessions, food, beverage, souvenirs, parking etc

The reason the Yankees don't sell out most games is because of the insanely overpriced tickets. Who the hell is going to pay $1,500 a seat to watch them play Oakland on a Tuesday night?

..but they are one of the only ones to consistently reinvest that money into the team to try and field a championship team.

Wrong.

As for arrogance, while we as fans play zero part in the teams accomplishments, er are allowed to brag...and it ain't bragging if you can back it up, and the Yankees have certainly backed it up for us schlubs.

While I guess it's your "right" to do this, it reflects poorly.

Tito Francona: the luckiest manager to ever live.

What does that make Girardi?