Interesting comments on Clabo

eball

From Michael Silver on Yahoo, discussing the Falcons' poor start:

"With veteran center Todd McClure(notes) back after having missed the first two games following knee surgery, the only new starter is right guard Garrett Reynolds(notes). He replaced Harvey Dahl(notes), who signed with the Rams via free agency as the front office instead focused on retaining right tackle Tyson Clabo(notes) (five years, $25 million) and left guard Justin Blaylock (six years, $38 million).

So what’s up? Either Dahl is the league’s second-most irreplaceable player, behind Peyton Manning(notes), or the holdovers are stinking it up this year. I’m going to go with the latter – left tackle Sam Baker and Clabo, in particular, are really struggling. And the line’s poor performance extended to the complete absence of a rushing attack in last Sunday’s 16-13 defeat to the Bucs, negating the potential impact of hard-running halfback Michael Turner(notes)."

From Michael Silver on Yahoo, discussing the Falcons' poor start:

"With veteran center Todd McClure(notes) back after having missed the first two games following knee surgery, the only new starter is right guard Garrett Reynolds(notes). He replaced Harvey Dahl(notes), who signed with the Rams via free agency as the front office instead focused on retaining right tackle Tyson Clabo(notes) (five years, $25 million) and left guard Justin Blaylock (six years, $38 million).

So what’s up? Either Dahl is the league’s second-most irreplaceable player, behind Peyton Manning(notes), or the holdovers are stinking it up this year. I’m going to go with the latter – left tackle Sam Baker and Clabo, in particular, are really struggling. And the line’s poor performance extended to the complete absence of a rushing attack in last Sunday’s 16-13 defeat to the Bucs, negating the potential impact of hard-running halfback Michael Turner(notes)."

Haven't watched much of the Falcons, but they undoubtedly run a different offense than us. Fitz gets the ball out quick, so Clabo wouldn't be a liability if he were wearing the red, white, and blue. It's hard to say he would've been an improvement in the run blocking, as the running game is tearing it up. No one foresaw Erik Pears playing this well. In the end, sometimes the best moves are the ones that are never made...

Haven't watched much of the Falcons, but they undoubtedly run a different offense than us. Fitz gets the ball out quick, so Clabo wouldn't be a liability if he were wearing the red, white, and blue. It's hard to say he would've been an improvement in the run blocking, as the running game is tearing it up. No one foresaw Erik Pears playing this well. In the end, sometimes the best moves are the ones that are never made...

I wouldn't say that's entirely true.

With respect to Clabo, clearly the Bills were interested, but apparently (wisely) saw through the charade of him trying to increase his price with Atlanta.

Another interesting tidbit with regard to Atlanta -- our old friend Mike "my password is Super Bowl" Mularkey is apparently so enamored with his shiny new Julio Jones he's letting his franchise QB get Martz-ed rather than riding a horse like Turner.

I wouldn't say that's entirely true.

With respect to Clabo, clearly the Bills were interested, but apparently (wisely) saw through the charade of him trying to increase his price with Atlanta.

Another interesting tidbit with regard to Atlanta -- our old friend Mike "my password is Super Bowl" Mularkey is apparently so enamored with his shiny new Julio Jones he's letting his franchise QB get Martz-ed rather than riding a horse like Turner.

I think this is exactly thier problem. Last year they were very successful with the running game. I think they are outsmarting themselves with the pass first offense...

I think this is exactly thier problem. Last year they were very successful with the running game. I think they are outsmarting themselves with the pass first offense...

Exactly. You feed it to Turner over and over and over again until they stack the box with 8 and then you go over the top to White, Jones and Gonzalez and eat them up. Offense 101. Oh Mularkey, how little has changed

Nix, Gailey, and the rest of the coaching staff might disagree with your comment