Little to no blitzing

Can't argue with the result, but I'm completely surprised by the strategy. Obviously the only way we won that game was due to the turnovers, and I just don't think it makes sense to plan on intercepting Brady that many times without trying to knock him down.

Again, can't argue with the end result, just flies in the face of the history of Patriots success. Guess that's why Gailey makes the big bucks.

Yeah, that... I was bitchin' about the lack of blitzing all game. It just doesn't make sense to rely on him making enough mistakes.

Great OP. we have been withholding blitz for 3 games now. I noticed it first with raiders. Very good coaching discpline. I was also concerned that we played the short middle pass game as loose as we did and let them have some. We beat either Brady or the bellichick both with our game of Chan Chess. I think Wanny has helped and developed defensive discipline with G E. To be able to hold on to a game with basic but solid defense has been quite a feat. Our players as individuals are doing the hard work to be a team and trust the coaching. Hell, you guys must admit that Kelsay is returning to a solid performer or better. Sure he wont get stats but now he seals and creates pressure. That's good coaching imho.

Good lord with our confidence getting stronger in the secondary ( unleashed the hounds a little! ) if we started to sneak a blitz in there, whoa Nelly.

Save it till we need it.

This coming event with the Bengals would be a nice time to practice a couple of blitz packages. so long as we are well ahead and playing second line defencers.

Shawne give us one this week!

Edited by 3rdand12

where was the underneath coverage to prevent Welker from running the same short routes all game long

I couldn't understand why he kept getting a free release off the line of scrimmage, seems like a good jam on him would slow him down and disrupt some of the timing.

Fortunate ?? Are you serious ? You are not saying it, but are you implying that we were lucky that Brady threw 4 INTs ?

I've always said that luck plays a part in football, and life in general. And if I'm not saying it, others surely are.

I've always said that luck plays a part in football, and life in general. And if I'm not saying it, others surely are.

Doesn't matter what others say. You said it and now are implicitly supporting it. The Bills played a solid game and did not cave in. In crunch time, the Pats* did not manage the game and caused key turnovers. This is most likely due to the constant pressure that the Bills were applying. And by pressure I don 't mean defenders getting close to Brady. It was a combination of things . Good D push, the constant leaping, the lack of ability to run, aggressive coaching, smart ingame decisions and the Bills O which kept coming back and scoring. If anything, the pats* handled this situation badly.