Who wins tie-breaker between the Jets and Us?

daquixers

Just wondering, because there is a small possibility of them going 10-6.

They play the Patriots next week who want to beat the snot out of someone for losing to Miami. So they should beat the Jets .... and then the Jets play In St. Louis. The Rams arent a tough team but they will be fighting for a playoff spot with MARC BULGER back by then.

Just wondering, because there is a small possibility of them going 10-6.

They play the Patriots next week who want to beat the snot out of someone for losing to Miami. So they should beat the Jets .... and then the Jets play In St. Louis. The Rams arent a tough team but they will be fighting for a playoff spot with MARC BULGER back by then.

171566[/snapback]

If we both finish 10-6, we do.

If we both finish 10-6, we do.

171571[/snapback]

I'm a little confused about all this. I have heard that we win the tiebreaker with the Jets if we both finish 10-6 because we will have a DIVISION tie breaker on them. But does that just mean that we would be given the Division title if we were 1st and 2nd? Does what place you finish in the division (beyond 1st) really trump the Wildcard tiebreakers? I would think that the wildcard would take precedence, but I don't really know.

I have heard how each scenario works so I understand the rules behind them. I am just wondering if anyone really knows if this is the case. It seems the basis for this decision (that we have the tiebreaker) is set soley on the fact that we would win the AFC East 2nd place tiebreaker. But has anyone confirmed that the division order trumps wildcard TBs?

I'm a little confused about all this. I have heard that we win the tiebreaker with the Jets if we both finish 10-6 because we will have a DIVISION tie breaker on them. But does that just mean that we would be given the Division title if we were 1st and 2nd? Does what place you finish in the division (beyond 1st) really trump the Wildcard tiebreakers? I would think that the wildcard would take precedence, but I don't really know.

I have heard how each scenario works so I understand the rules behind them. I am just wondering if anyone really knows if this is the case. It seems the basis for this decision (that we have the tiebreaker) is set soley on the fact that we would win the AFC East 2nd place tiebreaker. But has anyone confirmed that the division order trumps wildcard TBs?

171595[/snapback]

#1 Head-to head: even

#2 Bills win out: both teams are 3-3 in division.

#3 Record against common opponents. They are now tied at 8 wins. Buf over SF and Pit gives Bills 10 wins. Jets, in losing two to finish 10 and 6, would lose 2 common games (NE and STL), and would finish with only 8 common game wins.

But DEN/Jax/BAL could account for the two spots, depending.