Peyton mannings injury

Firstly, its unfortunate that manning's injured this year but there could be a silver lining for the colts. I do believe that manning is one of the toughest and best quarterbacks to ever play the game. I know that he would do whatever it took to get on the field. That being said, does andrew luck have anything to do with whether the colts play manning towards the end of the season if he is ready. I am not in any way questioning the severity of mannings injury or his toughness. Just wondering if they are 2-12 and Peyton is fully healed, if they would let him play or not for the remaining two games. And would Andrew Luck even be a factor in that decision?

Edited by Finkle Is Einhorn

You honestly think any NFL team would tank a season just so they could have a shot at drafting a college player?

Even if the kid was guaranteed to be a hall of fame player in the NFL there's no guarantee he'd stay healthy - what happens if he ends up like Willis in the Fiesta Bowl? No way is the draft a factor in Manning's injury. The only factor impacting his return other than his recovery is the fate of the team - if there's nothing to play for an the season is lost for the Colts they might be even more apt to hold him out longer - why risk any further injury to your star if the team isn't going anywhere?