PFW audibles - Chan Gailey

dave mcbride

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/09/25/insider-gailey-a-big-reason-for-bills-success

The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

• "(Bills head coach) Chan Gailey is awesome. He knows what he needs to make his offense work. He understands matchups. He knows how to create them. He's a very good play-caller. There's no secret why they are winning — it's in the design of his offense. He understands the strengths and weaknesses of his players. What a phenomenon, eh?"

Also:

• "Who would pay (Bills QB) Ryan Fitzpatrick a ton of money in the free-agent market? I know we wouldn't, and we're still looking to upgrade. A third of the league is settled. Another third feels good enough about what they've got. The rest that are looking — I would say most will not see him as much of an upgrade. He's in a great place right now. I don't know why he would want to leave."

Edited by dave mcbride

http://www.profootba...r-bills-success

The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

• "(Bills head coach) Chan Gailey is awesome. He knows what he needs to make his offense work. He understands matchups. He knows how to create them. He's a very good play-caller. There's no secret why they are winning — it's in the design of his offense. He understands the strengths and weaknesses of his players. What a phenomenon, eh?"

Also:

• "Who would pay (Bills QB) Ryan Fitzpatrick a ton of money in the free-agent market? I know we wouldn't, and we're still looking to upgrade. A third of the league is settled. Another third feels good enough about what they've got. The rest that are looking — I would say most will not see him as much of an upgrade. He's in a great place right now. I don't know why he would want to leave."

So who's the genius that wouldn't pay the NUMBER ONE rated QB? I'm guessing Denver or KC.

So who's the genius that wouldn't pay the NUMBER ONE rated QB? I'm guessing Denver or KC.

It was a reasonable statement. Ryan is successful based upon what him and Chan do together, not based upon his phenomenal athletic ability.

It was a reasonable statement. Ryan is successful based upon what him and Chan do together, not based upon his phenomenal athletic ability.

Vince Young has phenomenal athletic ability. So does Tim Tebow.

The "system QB" is a slippery slope. Brady has been called a system QB for years and he's got 3 rings.

Fitz may not be the most athletic guy on the field but his pre-snap reads are solid and he generally puts the ball where it needs to go. There are a lot of starting QB's in the NFL basically the same or worse than Fitz.

Vince Young has phenomenal athletic ability. So does Tim Tebow.

The "system QB" is a slippery slope. Brady has been called a system QB for years and he's got 3 rings.

Fitz may not be the most athletic guy on the field but his pre-snap reads are solid and he generally puts the ball where it needs to go. There are a lot of starting QB's in the NFL basically the same or worse than Fitz.

I think the larger point is that Fitz is a great fit here and has the perfect coach in Gailey.