Grrrrrrrr!!! Bloody NFL TV territorial rules suck

Greg de'Ville

...and no, I'm not shelling out big $ for a dish, thank you very much.

The southcentral Pennsyltucky area is considered Ravens territory TV-wise by the NFL, even though historically it has had a big Steelers fan base. The local CBS afflilate in Harrisburg has had a running feud with the league about this ever since Modell relocated his team to Baltimore, but their pleas to air Steeler games instead of the Ravens have fallen on deaf ears.

Moral of the story: I looked at the schedule 1/2. 1 p.m.--Miami at Baltimore. Pittsburgh at Buffalo. Guess which game I'll get?

Forget Philly's affiliate as well: It's a CBS road game for the Bungles and they're at the Iggles for a 1 o'clock kickoff. Therefore, in these parts, Bills and Steelers fans are screwed.

The (potentially) biggest Bills football game in five years (since the Forward Lateral/Home Run Throwup), and I won't get to see it from the comfort of my living room thanks to these archaic (read, DUMB) territorial rules.

Thanks, TagliaBOO! Thanks, Modell. Thanks a freakin' lot. :w00t:

Apparantly we have different opinions of what 'big $" are, since you can get a week of programming for $40 (or the entire season for $179...).

But I digress. The real point is you have nobody to blame but yourself :w00t:

CW

The southcentral Pennsyltucky area is considered Ravens territory TV-wise by the NFL, even though historically it has had a big Steelers fan base.  The local CBS afflilate in Harrisburg has had a running feud with the league about this ever since Modell relocated his team to Baltimore, but their pleas to air Steeler games instead of the Ravens have fallen on deaf ears.

Moral of the story:  I looked at the schedule 1/2.  1 p.m.--Miami at Baltimore.  Pittsburgh at Buffalo.  Guess which game I'll get?

Forget Philly's affiliate as well:  It's a CBS road game for the Bungles and they're at the Iggles for a 1 o'clock kickoff.  Therefore, in these parts, Bills and Steelers fans are screwed.

The (potentially) biggest Bills football game in five years (since the Forward Lateral/Home Run Throwup), and I won't get to see it from the comfort of my living room thanks to these archaic (read, DUMB) territorial rules.

Thanks, TagliaBOO!  Thanks, Modell.  Thanks a freakin' lot. :w00t:

171262[/snapback]

I am lucky if I get to see two games a year "from the comfort of my own home". Going to a bar is not so bad! My options at home are always the Cowboys, the Texans and one other game. I have missed only one game (this years Raiders debacle) since 1988!!!! I have watched them all at the same bar, with the same 8 hardcore Bills fans (and a dozen or so other fair weather fans depending on the season) for most of that time...not quite like being there, but kind of nice to get away from the "old lady" asking, "when is your game going to be over?" every 10 minutes! :w00t: