1/3/93 vs. the last two weeks

John Gianelli

Anyone old enough to remember the comeback on 1/3/93, do you have any comparisons in terms of your perception of the team or the magnitude of the win?

Seems to me that on 1/3/93 by halftime the whole stadium was resigned to the fact that an era could be ending, and it was like an injection of life hoping we could finally get it right in the Super Bowl.

The past two weeks feel like the start of a new era.

It's hard to say which experience was more pleasurable. Even though 1/3/93 was a playoff game, I can't say that it was any more satisfying than yesterday.

Anyone old enough to remember the comeback on 1/3/93, do you have any comparisons in terms of your perception of the team or the magnitude of the win?

Seems to me that on 1/3/93 by halftime the whole stadium was resigned to the fact that an era could be ending, and it was like an injection of life hoping we could finally get it right in the Super Bowl.

The past two weeks feel like the start of a new era.

It's hard to say which experience was more pleasurable. Even though 1/3/93 was a playoff game, I can't say that it was any more satisfying than yesterday.

1/3/93 is more special to me.... of course my daughter was born on that day sooo...yeah.

These last weeks have been great, but definitely not as good as the comeback game for me.

But, then and now I was sure the Bills ("we" if you prefer) would rally back and take a real shot at the game. In both games I counted how many scores we were down and looked forward with some certainty: "okay, we score a touchdown here, then we'll only be down by two scores and that's only one play away from tying it up (i.e. pick-6)." It was only because we'd rallied back previously that I had that feeling in the Oilers game. This game is laying the psychological foundation for this team to achieve great things.

I will say though that this is as enjoyable a three-game span as I can remember.