Bill Belicheck's pregame comments

Swift Sylvan

I read a article with quotes from BB and I have to say that it seems that in the last 2 years he has been complimentary of our team. In the years prior to that he would make statements such as that Jason Peters wouldn't be able to crack their roster. What do you think has changed?

Please give an answer with the realism that BB is a human being with good and bad qualities.

Can't say as I've ever heard Belichick dis an opponent to any significant degree... at least not publicly. He's usually the antithesis of a Rex Ryan.

I'm sorry but I don't believe you that he ever said that about jason peters. The mask never comes off with this guy. That seems absurdly out of character

I can't say I remember Belicheat* dissin' an opponent - not that he* didn't, I just that - if he* did - I don't remember it. (It really does seem out of character for him*.)

Now the a-hole Brady's* an entirely different story - but even she* doesn't do it as much as she* used to back when she* had hair, probably because she* remembers what happened back then...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator

He did say that about the Bills, but I don't believe it was before a game against the Bills, but in a general interview about the AFC East if I am not mistaken. Prior to games he talks about the other team's strengths always, making them out to be a great opponent both to avoid bulletin board material and to to avoid his dominant team from losing concentration.

In regards to that article, Peters made the pro bowl in 07 and Rhodes was ranked as the top 29th player in the league that year.

So perhaps at the time he was trying to destroy their confidence, but instead looks like it ended up giving them both motivation to play better, because they both did. JMO

No. :nana:

Bill Belichick Did Not Trash Talk Kerry Rhodes, Jason Peters

And the lesson here is - never believe anything you read in the NY Daily News...

Link - Rich Cimini, You Are Welcome

IIRC, and thanks for the memory refresh/slap-upside-the-head, :oops: it WAS only Peter King's assertion in his article that ignited the controversy.

Peter King Article Linky Thingy

"So I wouldn't move them down even if BB called and said, 'Neither of those guys could make my team."

For the record - BB didn't call PK (at least in the context of this quote). It was just PK's limp-wristed way of saying that PK thought highly of those two players.

I read a article with quotes from BB and I have to say that it seems that in the last 2 years he has been complimentary of our team. In the years prior to that he would make statements such as that Jason Peters wouldn't be able to crack their roster. What do you think has changed?

I don't think BB said that. I think that was some Talking Head putting words into BB's mouth (and BB prolly called him up and ripped him a new one for the presumption)

Interesting aside: go to the BuffaloBills website and look at BB's interview. Look at his body language-whether or not his eyes shift around, whether or not his head turns.

Listen to the pitch of his voice. (I'm not linking it because links to the Bills website won't take you to the actual correct video and I"m tired of "your link went to the wrong video" responses)

It is very different when he is talking about the Bills team and Chan Gailey - lots of head movement, lots of eye blinks, lots of eye movement and a higher pitch - than when he is talking about Fred Jackson or the addition of Dareus, Merriman, and Barnett to the defense.

My conclusion: he is spouting his usual guff while he actually believes he has got Gailey and the Bills all solved and sliced and diced. He really isn't worried about us a bit.

He is very sincere about Fred Jackson as a top running back and about Dareus, Merriman, and Barnett as quality additions to our defense. He would love to have FJ on the Pats.

Just thought that was interesting.

Please give an answer with the realism that BB is a human being with good and bad qualities.

Now Lets Not get Carried Away here bub!