OK, deep breath.....without Willis or Travis

Somehow I don't find them very intimidating. The Bills need to NOT go away from the run just because WM is out. Look at Carolina, they're on their what, 4th RB?? And Goings is doing pretty damn good. Same think in Minn. They ended up with 3 good RB's due to injury.

Shaud may not be a game breaker, but he is a decent back and the line is playing well. We still need to get 25 carries out of this game.

i think williams can run well agenst the 49ers. there D is not that good, and are playing for nothing more than a higher draft pick.

if our D, plays well. and we dont turn the ball over. we will win.

but i think the patriots were saying the same thing last night.

Jerry Stevestojan's column

170974[/snapback]

The thing that bugs me about Sullivan's article is that he omits the fact that the Bills were in control of the Bengals game by the end of the 1st quarter, and of the Browns game by the end of the 1st half.

Mularkey's not going to try to stretch the defense with the Bills are up by two TDs. He's going to chip away on offense, running plays right into the loaded front of the defense, trying to grind the clock down.

Against the Bengals, Bledsoe was great on the drive that tied the game at 7. Next time he touched the ball, the Bills were up 21-7. The deep passing game which would have taken advantage of the Bengals stacking the box was shelved.

Against the Browns, Bledsoe put the Bills in the lead with a TD pass, and the defense controlled the game in the nasty weather. Again, no need to open up the attack.

Against the Dolphins, where the D struggled a bit, Bledsoe threw 4 TD passes, and really played a big role in the win, when he was needed.

That's why critics of Bledsoe's 'mediocre' stats or McGahee's 'low' YPC miss the point that they're playing within Mularkey's gameplan. When the Bills are ahead, they go conservative, and they've been ahead alot over the past 5 weeks.

Sullivan is a !@#$ing tool. He likes to wipe it out and piss on everyone's parade. He whines and complains about Bledsoe and the offense. Sure Bledsoe has been inaccurate these past two games. However, Sullivan fails to recognize the weather. I would like him to go out and try to throw a football when it is that cold. The Ball turns into a rock in a matter of seconds. A football is extremely hard to hang onto and throw when the weather is like that.

Sullivan needs a new career.

Guest TsquareBoston

I'm not terribly concerned about the offense's performance against Cincy. They were off the field for most of the first half. The defense was giving up yards, and then causing turnovers. Net result: points, but not a lot of stats by the O. The one time in the game they were down they came up big, and after that, they were playing ball control.

I recorded the game and watched it yesterday, and didn't see too much to concern me.

Just my .02

That game looked remarkably like many of the Patriots 2001 victories on the way to their 1st SB.

Last I heard is that Willis was already running this week. He may start but with limited play. Although, I do think Little Big Man Shaud can do the job if need be. Also, if the Steelers win against the Ravens they will most likely sit alot of players for the Bills game.

If both Willis and Travis are out the Bills will do the same things they have done for most of this season.

The early part of the game will be on Drew's shoulders. The defense and special teams will come up big. And, later in the game, when the Bills are up, we'll see a heavy dose of the running game.

The only difference will be the name of the guy toting the rock.

Shaud may not be a game breaker, but he is a decent back and the line is playing well.  We still need to get 25 carries out of this game.

170907[/snapback]

Agreed...we need the 25 carries to milk the clock and come away with a win

The thing that bugs me about Sullivan's article is that he omits the fact that the Bills were in control of the Bengals game by the end of the 1st quarter, and of the Browns game by the end of the 1st half.

Mularkey's not going to try to stretch the defense with the Bills are up by two TDs.  He's going to chip away on offense, running plays right into the loaded front of the defense, trying to grind the clock down.

Against the Bengals, Bledsoe was great on the drive that tied the game at 7.  Next time he touched the ball, the Bills were up 21-7.  The deep passing game which would have taken advantage of the Bengals stacking the box was shelved.

Against the Browns, Bledsoe put the Bills in the lead with a TD pass, and the defense controlled the game in the nasty weather.  Again, no need to open up the attack.

Against the Dolphins, where the D struggled a bit, Bledsoe threw 4 TD passes, and really played a big role in the win, when he was needed.

That's why critics of Bledsoe's 'mediocre' stats or McGahee's 'low' YPC miss the point that they're playing within Mularkey's gameplan.  When the Bills are ahead, they go conservative, and they've been ahead alot over the past 5 weeks.

171017[/snapback]

Very good analysis jad1, agree 100%.