So I never do this but...

D521646

I was browsing the Patriots fan forums just now, and I have to say, I'm impressed: http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=61657&page=12

The level of knowledge and level headedness was surprising to me. Yes, yes, you had your mandatory nitwit 12 year olds, but all of the high post count posters were geenrally worried about this game, and readily acknowledged the Pat's weaknesses, vs our strengths, and weaknesses. The football knowlegde was as good as this site, which i happen to think is about as good as it gets, especially when you ignore our asshats.. :)

I read the whole thread, and although most Pat's fans are picking their team to win, no one that I saw was predicting a blow out, and a lot were even worried that they could lose on Sunday. So why am I bothering to tell you all this? Well, as all of you know, people who are not on top of their own team, generally make obvious errors, (Can you say most MSM media outlets and analysts), so if you really want the real scoop on a team, go to the fan sites, and filter out the stupid, and pay attention to the knowledgeable fans. That said, if we filter out the stupid from here, and there, I see a pretty damn close game, Sunday. Pat's are hurting in some key areas, and they just happen to be areas that our boys are good at exploiting.

I'm feeling better about this game after visiting the Patriots fan site.

Thoughts?

Tim-

I was browsing the Patriots fan forums just now, and I have to say, I'm impressed: http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=61657&page=12

The level of knowledge and level headedness was surprising to me. Yes, yes, you had your mandatory nitwit 12 year olds, but all of the high post count posters were geenrally worried about this game, and readily acknowledged the Pat's weaknesses, vs our strengths, and weaknesses. The football knowlegde was as good as this site, which i happen to think is about as good as it gets, especially when you ignore our asshats.. :)

I read the whole thread, and although most Pat's fans are picking their team to win, no one that I saw was predicting a blow out, and a lot were even worried that they could lose on Sunday. So why am I bothering to tell you all this? Well, as all of you know, people who are not on top of their own team, generally make obvious errors, (Can you say most MSM media outlets and analysts), so if you really want the real scoop on a team, go to the fan sites, and filter out the stupid, and pay attention to the knowledgeable fans. That said, if we filter out the stupid from here, and there, I see a pretty damn close game, Sunday. Pat's are hurting in some key areas, and they just happen to be areas that our boys are good at exploiting.

Thoughts?

Tim-

The Patriots are a real good football team, they know it, we know it, hell, anyone that knows anything at all about the game of Football knows it, but the Buffalo Bills are starting to believe that we've got a good football team to and we are way, way overdue for a win against them.

and its going to happen, I for one believe it happens this Sunday,

Billieve...

Edited by Fig Newton

Well, they have 5 trillion "fans" so I'm sure some of them are bound to have football knowledge.

All the Pats fans are complaining about their injuries. I guess they forget that we're missing Easley, Roscoe and McGee. All starters as well. Herndandez is their only big loss really. The O-line will be fine -- Brady will have all day as usual.

I really really hope the Bills can pull off a huge upset, but I just can't see it happening.

i am certainly hoping that the bills come out focused, prepared and p!$$ed off. i hope that they are all playing with huge chips on their shoulders for this one. the stadium should be absolutely roaring for this game and i think that is huge for a team playing with emotion. win or lose, i think the boys in blue are going to make their presence known!

Thoughts?

Tim-

YE OLE hates to say it, given our long hatred of the Pats* but I have to agree. The Chiefs fans were amongst the most arrogant I've seen. The Raiders fans seemed only moderately better. The people on the Pats forums express a genuine concern about this game. Of course some of it might be getting a couple of wins under our belt and scoring bushels of points in the process.

Brady and errr uuuhhh Welka can uuuhhhh, sack a hat caulk.

I believe you mean hod caulk.

YE OLE hates to say it, given our long hatred of the Pats* but I have to agree. The Chiefs fans were amongst the most arrogant I've seen. The Raiders fans seemed only moderately better. The people on the Pats forums express a genuine concern about this game. Of course some of it might be getting a couple of wins under our belt and scoring bushels of points in the process.

That's because they are a bunch of fair weather fans who jump off the bandwagon as soon as things don't go their way. Glad they're not over arrogant this week though.

Thoughts?

Tim-

That thread reeked of sarcasm. I doubt they have any fear of losing to Buffalo.

Did the PAts have fans before 2002? :oops:

But I go to Boston a lot and always wear some Bills gear proudly. Honestly (and it could be because I'm not a small guy), I've been met with nothing but respect from Pats fans. It's always like they pity us a little bit. They all say if the PAts don't win the division, they rather the Bills did. Hopefully, this is the year they get their wish.

I missed predicting the Bills/Chiefs final score by 3 points and posted it on the Chiefs forum a couple of days before the game and actually received very little resistance,

Chiefs fans must have saw it coming...

All the Pats fans are complaining about their injuries. I guess they forget that we're missing Easley, Roscoe and McGee. All starters as well. Herndandez is their only big loss really. The O-line will be fine -- Brady will have all day as usual.

I really really hope the Bills can pull off a huge upset, but I just can't see it happening.

Roscoe has played in just 20 of the last 32 Bills games.

McGee has played in just 21 of the last 33 Bills games.

On a technicality you might call them starters but I don't think of Parrish or McGee in that way.

As for Easley, he has never played in a regular season NFL game.

It needs to be mentioned (because it was such a great experience)… that there were 3 Raiders fans posting here last week and another one whose account was activated only after the game (he/she posted to congratulate us on the win and to wish us luck going forward).

They were all knowledgeable, passionate fans and they were all respectful and complimentary of our team. They were all accountable and visited after the Bills win/Raiders loss to congratulate us and wish us well.

We have some excellent "visiting posters" here from Green Bay and elsewhere but the Raiders contingent were by far the highest quality posters we've had come through here as far as visiting team's fans are concerned.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Roscoe has played in just 20 of the last 32 Bills games.

McGee has played in just 21 of the last 33 Bills games.

On a technicality you might call them starters but I don't think of Parrish or McGee in that way.

As for Easley, he has never played in a regular season NFL game.

It needs to be mentioned (because it was such a great experience)… that there were 3 Raiders fans posting here last week and another one whose account was activated only after the game (he/she posted to congratulate us on the win and to wish us luck going forward).

They were all knowledgeable, passionate fans and they were all respectful and complimentary of our team. They were all accountable and visited after the Bills win/Raiders loss to congratulate us and wish us well.

We have some excellent "visiting posters" here from Green Bay and elsewhere but the Raiders contingent were by far the highest quality posters we've had come through here as far as visiting team's fans are concerned.

class act poster, activating an account just to congratulate us, :thumbsup:

class act poster, activating an account just to congratulate us, :thumbsup:

The individual in question actually was hoping to participate in the pre-game discussion but the registration didn't go through for several days.

And yet, when this person's account was finally established after the game, he/she posted some excellent wishes.

So yes, very classy… and I was blown away by the Raiders fans who visited us and also by how well they were received.

Did the PAts have fans before 2002? :oops:

But I go to Boston a lot and always wear some Bills gear proudly. Honestly (and it could be because I'm not a small guy), I've been met with nothing but respect from Pats fans. It's always like they pity us a little bit. They all say if the PAts don't win the division, they rather the Bills did. Hopefully, this is the year they get their wish.

Don't kid yourself. They pity us a ton. That "rather the Bills did" stuff is condescension itself. They're smart football fans for the most part, and if anything they under-rate their team.

But who wants pity? And it's easy to talk nice when your team hasn't lost to the Bills in 6 seasons; their "class" as fans hasn't been put to the test.

I would much prefer to be despised by the Pats* fans as the fan of a team that whipped their a** and have to listen to a lot of excuses as to why their team didn't win

Now that would be sweet. Keep the pity. Pity is a word in the dictionary in between piss and sh**.