Banana thrown at African American hockey player in Ontario

\GoBillsInDallas/

Really??? It is widely known that they do the same thing to black soccer players in Europe. It's pathetic and it's pathetic no other fan had the guts to confront them. Simmonds handled the situation about as classy as could be expect.

Plus, if a person is committing racist acts at a sporting event (also making racial comments on an internet message board), they've probably already lost at life.

See: DaveInElma

Really??? It is widely known that they do the same thing to black soccer players in Europe. It's pathetic and it's pathetic no other fan had the guts to confront them. Simmonds handled the situation about as classy as could be expect.

Plus, if a person is committing racist acts at a sporting event (also making racial comments on an internet message board), they've probably already lost at life.

Did you actually read my post before you responded?

Gorillas don't eat bananas. So what are racist fans trying to insinuate by throwing bananas other than the fact that they know nothing about the dietary habits of primates? If I wanted to call you a donkey, would I throw sushi and grapefruit at you? No, because donkeys don't eat sushi, and grapefruit isn't even in season right now. I would throw grass and waffles because thats what donkeys eat. Just because a bunch of people do something irrational doesn't mean its makes sense. A critical mass of idiocy does not grant a nonsensical act legitimacy. What don't you understand?

Edited by Jauronimo

So somebody throws a fruit borne on one continent (South America) at somebody born and raised on another continent (North America) whose ancestors came from a third continent (Africa)

And this is supposed to mean something? :unsure:

I wish he played for the Penguins so we could get Antarctica involved in this one too.