The No-Name Bills

opfball91

Anyone watch Sportscenter this morning? Pretty extensive Bills coverage featuring an entire segment on the team and a discussion on the match-up with the Pats. Nicknamed us the "No-Name Bills" and had a part where Fitz, Freddy, and Stevie all said where they were from and "Nice to meet you." Just wanted to share this with anyone who missed it cause I thought it was really cool, now lets beat the Pats and become the Recognized Bills. Also the "Amish Rifle" is starting to catch on, which is my favorite name of all time. GO BILLS!

Pretty amazing, the origins of the Bills' offensive skill players...

Starting QB

Ryan Fitzpatrick – 7th round draft pick, from Harvard

Starting RB

Fred Jackson – UNDRAFTED (played Division III college ball at Coe College; played two years for the Sioux City Bandits in the National Indoor Football League; played one season for the Rhein Fire in NFL Europe. Now a legitimate starter in the NFL at age 30).

Starting Wide Receivers

Steve Johnson – 7th round draft pick

Donald Jones – UNDRAFTED (college: Youngstown State)

David Nelson – UNDRAFTED (Florida)

Starting Tight End

Scott Chandler – 4th round draft pick (waived by Chargers in 2009; waived by Cowboys in 2009; waived by Giants in 2010; waived again by Cowboys in 2010; started first NFL game for Bills on 9/11/11 and scored two touchdowns. A week later, scored another.)

Stevie Johnson - 7th Round Pick

Donald Jones - UDFA

David Nelson - UDFA

Fred Jackson - UDFA (from the Sioux City Bandits)

Scott Chandler (TE) - Cut by Chargers, Giants, and Cowboys

Demetrius Bell - 7th Rounder

Erik Pears - UDFA - Cut by Jags, Raiders

Kraig Urbik - Cut by Steelers

Chad Rinehart - Cut by Jets, Redskins

Kyle Williams - 5th Round Pick

Nick Barnett - Cut by Packers

Andra Davis - Cut by Broncos

Shawne Merriman - Cut by Chargers

Drayton Florence - Cut by Jags

Bryan Scott - Cut by Titans

George Wilson - UDFA (signed as WR)

I said in an earlier thread about Brady that he played like he was overlooked by 31 other NFL teams. He (Brady) had that chip on his shoulder, and that all of the greats played with that chip.

:sick:

The impact players on this team seem to be playing with that same chip. They all have something to prove, they were all cast offs, and the Bills wanted them. It shows.

:beer: MORE KOOL-AID PLEASE!!!

Edited by Kevin

I said in an earlier thread about Brady that he played like he was overlooked by 31 other NFL teams. He (Brady) had that chip on his shoulder, and that all of the greats played with that chip.

:sick:

The impact players on this team seem to be playing with that same chip. They all have something to prove, they were all cast offs, and the Bills wanted them. It shows.

:beer: MORE KOOL-AID PLEASE!!!

I agree with you but want to point that a chip on your shoulder isn't going to make you a productive NFL player. It requires talent too. For whatever reason, the talent of these guys was overlooked by other teams.