Fug the NFC

nodnarb

All the best-run organizations are in the AFC. A team with an 8-8 or even 7-9 record is going to make the playoffs while a 10-6 team can be left out. This is WRONG Wrong wrong, and I hope the NFL modifies this system and its lack of basic integrity.

What are playoff scenarios but a sh-- filter? And if the Rams get in and the BIlls do not, what good has the system done? The playoffs should be weighted by record first, CROSS CONFERENCE. So the 4 wildcards in the NFL could possibly be all AFC teams. This is how it SHOULD BE DONE.

I hope this season makes them wake up. THis is the professional BCS, and it's BS.

Indeed. I remember Rick Riley of Sports Illustrated saying the Bills SB Teams were average teams from a bad AFC Conference. I wonder what this NFC homer has to say now ? Philly is pretty good, Atlanta is OK and the rest of the conference smells. ( Their records mean little to me ) . I've never seen a weaker conference in my life. The AFC just hammers the NFC in head to head games.

5-8 teams are still alive in the NFC playoff hunt... 5-8 !

7-9?

It wouldn't surprise me to see a 6-10 team in.  How pathetic would that be.

171425[/snapback]

OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let an NFC with a 6-10 record get in. That would make my year.

As big a disgrace as that would be I don't think the NFL playoff system needs to be fixed. Just like I didn't think it needed fixing back when the NFC kept winning the Super Bowl and everyone was calling the NFC championship game the real Super Bowl. I think the playoffs are just fine the way they are even with a few warts like the weak sister NFC sending total crap to the playoffs.

All the best-run organizations are in the AFC.  A team with an 8-8 or even 7-9 record is going to make the playoffs while a 10-6 team can be left out. This is WRONG Wrong wrong, and I hope the NFL modifies this system and its lack of basic integrity.

What are playoff scenarios but a sh-- filter? And if the Rams get in and the BIlls do not, what good has the system done? The playoffs should be weighted by record first, CROSS CONFERENCE. So the 4 wildcards in the NFL could possibly be all AFC teams. This is how it SHOULD BE DONE.

I hope this season makes them wake up. THis is the professional BCS, and it's BS.

170844[/snapback]

I recall a time a while back when the NFC was pasting the AFC.

I don't think you cound convince one conference's owners to gladly give up playoff loot to the other. NFLPA wouldn't like it, also. Ditto for Fox and CBS.