Brady is going to miss Koppen

Damian

Dan Koppen has been Brady's center for the last 8 years (I don't think Koppen has ever lost to the Bills)and he has just been placed on IR. This can only bode well for the Bills, especially for Kyle Williams & Dareus. The key to beating Brady is pressure up the middle and the guy they have replacing Koppen, Dan Connoly, is a backup guard. If we can generate consistent pressure up the gut without blitzing, Brady will not be able to throw his favorite pass: the short slant to Welker/TE's. I Billieve that if you take that play away from Brady, the Pats* offense comes to a screeching halt.

Dan Koppen has been Brady's center for the last 8 years (I don't think Koppen has ever lost to the Bills)and he has just been placed on IR. This can only bode well for the Bills, especially for Kyle Williams & Dareus. The key to beating Brady is pressure up the middle and the guy they have replacing Koppen, Dan Connoly, is a backup guard. If we can generate consistent pressure up the gut without blitzing, Brady will not be able to throw his favorite pass: the short slant to Welker/TE's. I Billieve that if you take that play away from Brady, the Pats* offense comes to a screeching halt.

yep..it's killed em the first two games

Edited by plenzmd1

Ask SD how much it hurt NE last week. Koppen got injured in the 1st game & NE didn't miss a beat that game or last week.

yep..it's killed em the first two games

I think Dareus+ Williams > whoever the Chargers and Dolphins have

Ask SD how much it hurt NE last week. Koppen got injured in the 1st game & NE didn't miss a beat that game or last week.

Actually, I think it did hurt them. I did not watch the entire game but SD was done in by their 4 turnovers

why do people point out the obvious by saying the way to beat Brady is by pressuring him up the middle

isnt this the key to beating any QB?

they didnt appear to miss Koppen vs the Chargers

Edited by Max997

I know, I know, Brady is an unstoppable god of football and we should just give up, BUT SD made many mistakes, one of them being staying in a pass defense ost of the day, often rushing only 3 guys. Also, it didn't help that SD turned the ball over 3 times inside the Patriots 35.

Koppen is a Pro-bowl center and one of the best in the NFL, it is a big dropoff in talent with Connoly. I am anticipating Williams will school the backup center on more than a few plays.

I think instead of hoping that a injury here and there are going to help us beat the patriots we just have to hope that our new Bills go out and kick their collective @sses all over the field for 4 quarters.

That is the ONLY way to beat the patriots. If you can get up by 7 then get up by 10....if you can get up by 10 then get up by 17

and on and on........

why do people point out the obvious by saying the way to beat Brady is by pressuring him up the middle

isnt this the key to beating any QB?

they didnt appear to miss Koppen vs the Chargers

No actually. Some guys do better on the move when a play breaks down like Vick, Ben and Rodgers. Some guys are natural roll out QBs like Sanchez so pressure up the middle doesn't bother them as much. Bradys weakness is limited lateral mobility, especially since coming back from knee surgery. Pressure up the middle is key.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I know, I know, Brady is an unstoppable god of football and we should just give up, BUT SD made many mistakes, one of them being staying in a pass defense ost of the day, often rushing only 3 guys. Also, it didn't help that SD turned the ball over 3 times inside the Patriots 35.

Koppen is a Pro-bowl center and one of the best in the NFL, it is a big dropoff in talent with Connoly. I am anticipating Williams will school the backup center on more than a few plays.

Its a long season and before its over Brady and the Pats will feel the loss of Koppen. He's a fixture in a magnificent O Line that is basic to their system. I derive no pleasure in seeing a player like Dan Koppen go down with injury, especially because one of my favourite things in football is good O-line play. That said, his loss can only improve the chances of the Pats AFC rivals, which now includes the Bills.