Jackson annoyed by contract

Beerball

So this is all about you… he should consider your feelings above his career compensation?

How about you consider the fact that your post is annoying a bunch of other people…

It's mind-boggling to me that less than one year ago, this team gave Chris Kelsay a 5-year, $28.2 million contract but there are posters here who don't think Fred Jackson deserves a fair raise… and think he should shut up.

He's underpaid. If he shuts up he stays underpaid.

His only hope of not being underpaid is being honest with his dissatisfaction.

In pro sports, teams show how much they respect a player in one way and one way only… WITH MONEY.

Who said anything about a huge contract?

People keep writing things like "highest paid" and "huge contract."

I thought we were talking about fairness and respect here?

I would like to see Fred Jackson playing under a fair contract… not one he signed when he was Marshawn Lynch's backup and when he was a restricted free agent.

What am I missing?

Absolutely nothing.

Just wow @ the sophomoric "shut up and play" posters. Shut up and watch.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills should do something to reward Fred more but he will NEVER get from them what he thinks he's worth.

How do you even know how much he wants?

Here's the quote:

"I'm annoyed by it. I've been playing at a high level for three straight years now. I would like something to be done about it this year. I want something done that's fair for myself and the team."

Doesn't exactly sound like someone who's trying to break the bank.

i didnt realize they were treating him so bad...they only gave him a shot in the NFL as well as a new contract not too long ago

i never understand why people get so concerned about player contracts...he signed a new deal a few years ago and if he continues to play well will get paid accordingly...there is no reason to give him a new deal now after 2 games

the Bills have other more important contracts to get done

To your first point, so because the Bills gave him a chance, he should be underpaid for the rest of his career?

Not too long ago? He's in the 3rd year of a 4 year contract.

Your 2nd point? You're just as concerned about his contract as anyone else who has posted on this thread. In your case, you want him to continue to play under the terms of his existing contract. You're in the minority… but by posting, you care about this issue as much as anyone else.

This. x1000

I'm not sure why anyone needs to take "sides" here. Fred wants more money, the Bills want to keep their salaries down to maximize profit. This is a business on both sides.

Undisputedly it is a business. As was pointed out, some teams attempt to have a pay structure which reflects "fairness" and other teams are not so much concerned about fairness. When we watch the world go by and observe things that happens, much of our opinion, indignation, outrage, happiness… is based on viewing things through the prism of fairness.

In other words, in a perfect world (don't bother… please) Fred Jackson gets a nice raise based on his superior performance every time he's gone on the field for the Buffalo Bills.

In my original response i said 3 years at 5 mil a season.

front load it.

And the fact he signed it while Marshawns back up is irrelevant really.

He wouldn't have gotten a better deal anywhere else.

Lets also remember it was the Bills who found Freddy and gave him his shot...i mean if we are being Fair.

Again, he's supposed to be eternally happy to be underpaid because the Bills gave him his chance?

When exactly does the statute of limitations run out on that gratitude?

If he ended up running for 10,000 yards and 100 TDs in his career he should not ask for a raise because the Bills gave him a chance?

This is like the people who said that Jason Peters should be happy with $3.5 million per year even though that contract was given to him when he had just become the starting right tackle… never mind that he had become one of the top left tackles in football.

do you think he thought he was underpaid when he signed this deal or do you think he was happy with it?

he signed a 4 year deal that he was obviously happy with and just started year 3...he should finish the year strong and work on a new deal after this season

No he wasn't happy with it. He fired his agent… he didn't express happiness. He had zero leverage and accepted the only deal the Bills were willing to offer.

Look here. Fred Jackson is not an overnight sensation. He's been the best running back on this team since his rookie season of 2006… except politically, he was never given the chance because Marshawn Lynch was a rookie the same year.

Fred outperformed Lynch every year they were on the team together.

Fred is already the 8th leading rusher in Bills history.

Fred is the 42nd highest-paid running back in the NFL.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

That's all fine and dandy but problem is he'll be a couple weeks shy of 31 when the super bowl is played in February. He's just about hitting the wall for RBs. Now you can argue there's more tread left on the tires than your average back that age because he got a late start and has shared responsibilities, but reality is he's just not going to get paid the same here or anywhere else as if he were 26 and coming off his rookie contract.

How do you even know how much he wants?

Here's the quote:

"I'm annoyed by it. I've been playing at a high level for three straight years now. I would like something to be done about it this year. I want something done that's fair for myself and the team."

Doesn't exactly sound like someone who's trying to break the bank.

To your first point, so because the Bills gave him a chance, he should be underpaid for the rest of his career?

Not too long ago? He's in the 3rd year of a 4 year contract.

Your 2nd point? You're just as concerned about his contract as anyone else who has posted on this thread. In your case, you want him to continue to play under the terms of his existing contract. You're in the minority… but by posting, you care about this issue as much as anyone else.

Undisputedly it is a business. As was pointed out, some teams attempt to have a pay structure which reflects "fairness" and other teams are not so much concerned about fairness. When we watch the world go by and observe things that happens, much of our opinion, indignation, outrage, happiness… is based on viewing things through the prism of fairness.

In other words, in a perfect world (don't bother… please) Fred Jackson gets a nice raise based on his superior performance every time he's gone on the field for the Buffalo Bills.

Again, he's supposed to be eternally happy to be underpaid because the Bills gave him his chance?

When exactly does the statute of limitations run out on that gratitude?

If he ended up running for 10,000 yards and 100 TDs in his career he should not ask for a raise because the Bills gave him a chance?

This is like the people who said that Jason Peters should be happy with $3.5 million per year even though that contract was given to him when he had just become the starting right tackle… never mind that he had become one of the top left tackles in football.

No he wasn't happy with it. He fired his agent… he didn't express happiness. He had zero leverage and accepted the only deal the Bills were willing to offer.

Look here. Fred Jackson is not an overnight sensation. He's been the best running back on this team since his rookie season of 2006… except politically, he was never given the chance because Marshawn Lynch was a rookie the same year.

Fred outperformed Lynch every year they were on the team together.

Fred is already the 8th leading rusher in Bills history.

Fred is the 42nd highest-paid running back in the NFL.

the only concern I have about his contract is that he should honor what he signed and look to negotiate a new deal this offseason before the final year of the deal he signed just two years ago...not during the season midway through his deal

Edited by Max997