Brad Smith getting more reps at WR

With Roscoe on IR Brian Galliford reported that Brad Smith is getting more reps at WR. I don't know how reputable he is but if what he reports is true I like it. Smith is dangerous in the open field and a fairly good target. I'm wondering if they'll kick Nelson out wide and use Smith in the slot?

Buffalo Rumblings

With Roscoe on IR Brian Galliford reported that Brad Smith is getting more reps at WR. I don't know how reputable he is but if what he reports is true I like it. Smith is dangerous in the open field and a fairly good target. I'm wondering if they'll kick Nelson out wide and use Smith in the slot?

Buffalo Rumblings

I think kicking David Nelson to the outside would be a big mistake. His skill set (big, strong, sure handed, good route runner) makes him an ideal slot receiver. I think we will see Brad Smith lining up at WR in those 4-5 WR sets.

I think some of these injuries will help us in the long run, it will allow us to line up CJ and Brad at WR and have it be much less obvious to the opposing defense . Its obvious they want to give CJ the ball but with Freddy being this hot it really makes the situation difficult and IMO CJ is better at what the coaching staff wants a slot to do which is run more intermediate routes. I don't think we will see Roscoe back next year, so this is an opportunity for others players and the coaches to adjust and hopefully give us something more out of the position.

I think some of these injuries will help us in the long run, it will allow us to line up CJ and Brad at WR and have it be much less obvious to the opposing defense . Its obvious they want to give CJ the ball but with Freddy being this hot it really makes the situation difficult and IMO CJ is better at what the coaching staff wants a slot to do which is run more intermediate routes. I don't think we will see Roscoe back next year, so this is an opportunity for others players and the coaches to adjust and hopefully give us something more out of the position.

I absolutely agree ... Roscoe's best days, if he had any, are behind him. It is time for thenBills to see who else can step up.

They could go 5 wide and motion CJ, Freddy, or B. Smith into the backfield. This will throw off defences not knowing if it's a run or a pass. All 3 can catch pretty good and we know what Freddy can do out of the backfield. CJ is starting to allow blocking to open up things 4 him in the running game and B. Smith is pretty decent at everything. Roscoe is done, but he may play 4 another team next year!

Edited by snamsnoops

Buffalo Rumblings

Mike, this kid is VERY good.

Buffalo Rumblings

Even better would be fake the qb keeper on 3rd and 2 around the end and have spiller kick out on a seam route last second and have Smith throw him a bomb...would love to see it