The Bills need to be extremely careful this week

The Senator

Link - Tom Brady Draws Emotionally Roughing The Passer Penalty

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs was flagged for emotionally roughing Patriots quarterback Tom Brady yesterday after a hit left the star quarterback feeling upset and unloved.

“I didn’t care for that! I didn’t care for that one bit!” snapped Brady, stomping his foot as he pulled himself up off the ground. Moments later, official Tom Winter threw a flag, penalizing Suggs and the Ravens for an infraction never before called in organized football.

“The new rules in place make our job very clear as officials,” said Winter, explaining his call. “We are to protect the quarterback, especially star quarterbacks, and especially this star quarterback.

Link - Tom Brady Draws Emotionally Roughing The Passer Penalty

Edited by The Senator

I'll take this good video reminder from 2009. I'm hoping the boys (Merriman, I'm looking at you) give Brady a few good licks so I don't have to listen to my high school Facebook friends from Mass. yap about his awesomeness.

Senator, thanks for the link! GO BILLS!

If we sack Brady and they call a weak Roughing the Passer call, then I hope on the next play Merriman/Dareus purposely knock him out of the game and take another 15 yards.

If we're going to get penalized for hitting him, make it count. Take him out.

Nice: Sounds like a bumper sticker for Patriots week!

"Make it count - Take him out!"

:thumbsup:

your link is from 2009.

Geez, what gave it away? Was it the big, upper case, OCTOBER 5, 2009 dateline? :rolleyes:

If any of those comments from Winter or Goodell are true.... I dunno. That would be really sickening.

Although sportspickle kinda sounds like another version of theonion to me.

So...um...Wiz - you're kinda thinking maybe this didn't really happen? :unsure:

“I didn’t care for that! I didn’t care for that one bit!” snapped Brady, stomping his foot as he pulled himself up off the ground. Moments later, official Tom Winter threw a flag, penalizing Suggs and the Ravens for an infraction never before called in organized football.

(GREAT avatar, btw :thumbsup: )

Edited by The Senator

It's not popular to say but before 2008, I respected the hell out of Brady. He came from losing his starting job in college and being a 6th rounder into one of the best NFL QBs ever. But since he came back from his knee injury, he has become whiny, red faced Marino 2.0. I'd love to see Williams and Dareus put a hurting on the golden boy.

Can anyone TRUTHFULLY say they can picture Fitzpatrick whirling around like that and pleading his case to the referee? No. They cannot. Why? Because Fitzpatrick has a little thing called self-respect.

When Harrison came in high and cheap-shotted Fitz in his chin last year, Fitz hopped up and told Harrison "Nice hit, man" (he was mic'ed up). We got 15 yards out of it, but Fitz never cried to mommy about it.

It's not popular to say but before 2008, I respected the hell out of Brady. He came from losing his starting job in college and being a 6th rounder into one of the best NFL QBs ever. But since he came back from his knee injury, he has become whiny, red faced Marino 2.0. I'd love to see Williams and Dareus put a hurting on the golden boy.

This is so true. I can honestly say that I lost all respect for Brady since he returned from his injury. I know it's awful to wish for someone to get pounded, but I am praying that Dareus, Williams, Merriman, and heck even Kelsay put a whoppin on him.

Fitz beat up guys like Brady on the way to his fights.

:lol: :lol: nice