Gabbert vs. Newton Sunday

Chandler#81

Isn't he the guy who locked some kid is a closet?

Two sides (at least B-)) to every story, but you can buy Leach's book and find out his side...

I told Pincock to remove James from the field since he wasn't dressed properly, was late, and had a bad attitude while the rest of the team was practicing hard. I told Pincock to put him somewhere dark and have him do something.

At no point did I say to lock him in a room. I never told Pincock what he should do with Adam beyond getting him off the field and putting him somewhere dark since his eyes were sensitive to light.

Months later, when Adam James was deposed under oath, he said he found the incident "funny" and that he did not believe that I should have been fired.

Link - Mike Leach: My biggest regret was not cutting Adam James (Sports Illiustrated)

(I'm pretty sure, and just about everyone agrees with this now, that James was placed in a sizable, wide open equipment garage adjacent the practice field - with exercise bikes, water, and an ice machine - during one practice, and in a dimly lit media briefing room (also with a stationary bike) for another, where he then wandered into an electircal closet he was explicitly told to stay out of and sent a cell-fone clip of it to his dad.)

Edited by The Senator