Colin Cowherd pick the Bills

The often maligned Colin Cowherd just said he's picking the Bills as his upset special of the week!

He just finished an interview with Fitz and says "don't be shocked if the Bills win that game". Then followed with "you know what, I'm betting on them with the points, I may bet on them to win outright".

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

Just heard the same thing on the radio. Someone else on the show said something, and Colin said "Do you think I'm crazy? I'm betting the Bills win this game. That's my upset special of the week."

Wow. :blink:

Edited by Porksword

Very weird....

I thought he was a HUGE Brady fan, as in borderline man-love?

:unsure:

borderline is an understatement

about 30% of the time I think he is actually pretty good, and that is being generous. but there are so many stupid things he has that are just terrible. like that durrant rant about bench pressing. that was gawd awful.

also, his jokes are bad. but I don't hate him as much as others do.

For all of those who have for years complained about the Bills being disrespected, disliked, overlooked etc...Now you can see a couple of things:

* The Bills were a very poor organization for a very long time-barely even an NFL caliber franchise and didnt deserve any attention

* The Bills did not have any likeable players for a very long time. JP Losman, Willis McGahee, Trent Edwards, Marshawn Lynch are TOOLS. Fred Jackson, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Kyle Williams and Stevie Johnson are likeable, hard working guys you root for.

* The Bills are a very likeable team across the country. Im in California, and people like the Bills a lot out here. We have a great brand. You cannot say that about about teams like Jacksonville, Atlanta, Arizona, and Houston. People are happy to see The Bills (and Lions) succeeding and you can clearly see this with all of the attention they are getting after just 2 weeks.

Will it keep up?

Yes- as long as we are winning it will....

Edited by BuffaloWest

The often maligned Colin Cowherd just said he's picking the Bills as his upset special of the week!

He just finished an interview with Fitz and says "don't be shocked if the Bills win that game". Then followed with "you know what, I'm betting on them with the points, I may bet on them to win outright".

Cowherd is still a douche!

btw- he changes his likes and dislikes, at the drop of a hat...but, he isn't the only one picking them...it isn't as unfathomable as it recently was, the Bills stand a decent chance of winning this game. The Bills offense can't be stopped, so far, and the Pats can't stop anyone...where it gets tricky, is the Bills defense....hard to imagine them shutting down the Pats offense (particularly after that Raiders game), but, if Fitz and company can move the ball, eat clock, and score with some semblance of what they have they have the first two weeks of the season, it isn't impossible. Keep Brady off the field as much as possible, and score points...it can be done...

Win or lose, Sunday will give us a good indication of where this team stands as far as improvement goes...I got a good feeling we are not going to be embarassed... and Cowherd will still be a douche on Monday!

Edited by Buftex

For all of those who have for years complained about the Bills being disrespected, disliked, overlooked etc...Now you can see a couple of things:

* The Bills were a very poor organization for a very long time-barely even an NFL caliber franchise and didnt deserve any attention

* The Bills did not have any likeable players for a very long time. JP Losman, Willis McGahee, Trent Edwards, Marshawn Lynch are TOOLS. Fred Jackson, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Kyle Williams and Stevie Johnson are likeable, hard working guys you root for.

* The Bills are a very likeable team across the country. Im in California, and people like the Bills a lot out here. We have a great brand. You cannot say that about about teams like Jacksonville, Atlanta, Arizona, and Houston. People are happy to see The Bills (and Lions) succeeding and you can clearly see this with all of the attention they are getting after just 2 weeks.

Will it keep up?

Yes- as long as we are winning it will....

This is a really good point, and I've noticed it as well. People I work with who know how much I bleed for the Bills are coming up to me and talking about how they're rooting for them. I think part of it is they're viewed as lovable losers, part is the "no name" aspect of their roster, part is the exciting football they've started playing (which began last season with those OT losses to playoff teams), and part is they no longer look like clowns out on the field. Yes, the uniforms do have a national impact. Add in Berman's national "love" and you've got the recipe for a team that's going to have a lot more people jumping on the bandwagon if they put together a couple of "signature" wins.

The most heartening thing to me is that so far this doesn't feel like a fluke.