Beginning to look like a player

Homey D. Clown

No to first part, yes to second and third. ;) David Nelson was actually the guy in motion. CJ was just in the backfield and went out for a swing pass on the snap, and drew two men not one. The Raiders screwed up, but they were worried about his speed. It was what Chan said, and what Nelson said after the game.

Good catch, I was working from memory (which is obviously failing).

In my own opinion, I am starting to see that CJ Spiller has the potential to be a great player in the NFL. He is showing that he can get the ball down field, and that he is learning to take what he can get. I was never one who thought we had Reggie Bush 2.0

I saw this kid play in college, and thought if he can get acclimated to the speed of the pro game, he'd be a game changer. Now I know this seems like a bit of a stretch since the raiders game was the first time he has had an impact, but given the limited amount of touches he gets due to the stellar play of Fred Jackson, CJ's development may come a little slower.

Whatever you believe about him, I think we can put to rest the notion that he can't play in this league.

Given that RB is a position with such a short learning curve I still think Reggie Bush 2.0 is a pretty good bet at this point. That means he'll be invisible in some games, and show flashes of brilliance in a few others.

There is an enormous gap between a "great game changer" and a guy who "can't play in the league". Pretty much any back-up on any roster can be serviceable at that position with a decent supporting cast.

He's gotta be better than Roscoe. Parrish can't even stay on his feet when nobody touches him. Furthermore, he can't even stay on the field because he's so small.

Has Roscoe ever made a big play from the line of scrimmage? He was great returning punts and has caught a few nice balls but he has never, in my recollection, ever caught a ball and then made an impact play.