A team on the verge of greatness

beausox

Why?

1)A seamless transfer of qb IN 2006. Drew is a class act and JP the Littler would be wise to watch how to become worthy of the appelation PRO. The true greatness of DB will be evident though probably unappreciated.

2)A 320 lb slash! JP the Larger adds a dimension that may even tax the inventive, creative mind of MM.

3)Jim Mcnally. Tim Krumrie. They "can beat theirs with yours or yours with theirs". Of all the hackneyed cliches in football none is more on the mark than" the game is won in the trenches".

4) Donahoe and Modrak et al. I will not do an in depth study of any other teams street free agent signings but this years crop Greer, JP the Larger. Ritzmann and Rashad Baker are pure gold. They( TD & TM) had and have a plan. The most important commodity in the era of free agency is the General Manager. Coaches as Parcells and Gibbs are proving are not as important.

5) I had originally thought that WM's injury would unravel this whole "greatness" scenario. There is no doubt in my mind that WM would if healthy rival OJ and Thurman in Bills lore but even if he doesn"t recover this team is destined for greatness. The team has acheived the realization that they are special. They can beat teams with mediocre performances from DB and WM and still win by comfotable margins.