Sorry TBD, but I'm out of the ticket buying business

JÂy RÛßeÒ

As a season ticket holder, I've always offered to buy single-game tickets for people before they go on sale to the general public. I've even purchased blocks of over 100 for season openers so that TBD members can sit together - many for people I've never met.

This year I offered publically and privately if anyone wanted an advance ticket purchase, and ended up buying 8 tickets for friends. After that purchase I had another person basically beg me to get him a ticket and put it with the others I had already bought. I called the ticket office and was able to move other tickets so that I could get that arranged. He promised to send me a check.

That was right after the lockout ended. I never got a check and did not get an answer when I asked for an update. I considered this person a friend and figured I'd see him this past weekend and get the $ for the ticket.

Gameday morning I held out hope he'd show and held his ticket despite an early offer from a scalper. Well he never showed. No call, no message, nothing. I scalped his $70 ticket for $20 at 11:30 before heading into the stadium.

So TBD - sorry, but you're on your own for tickets from now on. This season ticket holder's generosity has run out.

:wallbash:

As a season ticket holder, I've always offered to buy single-game tickets for people before they go on sale to the general public. I've even purchased blocks of over 100 for season openers so that TBD members can sit together - many for people I've never met.

This year I offered publically and privately if anyone wanted an advance ticket purchase, and ended up buying 8 tickets for friends. After that purchase I had another person basically beg me to get him a ticket and put it with the others I had already bought. I called the ticket office and was able to move other tickets so that I could get that arranged. He promised to send me a check.

That was right after the lockout ended. I never got a check and did not get an answer when I asked for an update. I considered this person a friend and figured I'd see him this past weekend and get the $ for the ticket.

Gameday morning I held out hope he'd show and held his ticket despite an early offer from a scalper. Well he never showed. No call, no message, nothing. I scalped his $70 ticket for $20 at 11:30 before heading into the stadium.

So TBD - sorry, but you're on your own for tickets from now on. This season ticket holder's generosity has run out.

Wow, don't blame you.

and BTW, I will personally pay for any money lost this weekend because I consider Jay's generous offer to be directly related to our annual tailgate party. No one should suffer here for trying to do the right thing for the community.

Call that individual out publicly. That's terms for a beat-down! If that individual is reading this, they should be ashamed. Pathetic!

I was going to give Jay props for doing the classy thing by not calling the person out publicly, at least not yet. We don't know the circumstances of why the person no-showed, and the person should be given the opportunity to make it right before being ostracized if he/she had a legitimate reason for not showing up.

I was going to give Jay props for doing the classy thing by not calling the person out publicly, at least not yet. We don't know the circumstances of why the person no-showed, and the person should be given the opportunity to make it right before being ostracized if he/she had a legitimate reason for not showing up.

If I was gonna, I would've. Friends in common know who it is.

Don't blame you. I run a "boyz" weekend every year for a bunch of buddies. I buy the tickets and book all of the rooms and I gets to be a real pain in the ass when you try to accommodate people and they bail. I have switched to a deposit system and don'y buy the tickets until I get cash. Not sure how that would work in your situation? Maybe they should have to trust you and not the other way around.

Don't blame you. I run a "boyz" weekend every year for a bunch of buddies. I buy the tickets and book all of the rooms and I gets to be a real pain in the ass when you try to accommodate people and they bail. I have switched to a deposit system and don'y buy the tickets until I get cash. Not sure how that would work in your situation? Maybe they should have to trust you and not the other way around.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Y'know...I could understand "Hey, Jay, I know I asked you to get me that ticket...but I just lost my job, so I won't be traveling and can't pay you for it. Is it okay if I owe you?" But no message at all? No explanation? Just "Meh...I won't be there, so screw it?"

Unless you're actually in the hospital, dying, that's low. You tell that cheapskate that a broken hip is no excuse for not paying.

Edited by DC Tom