Demetrius Bell

26CornerBlitz

It's a combination of a few things. First, Bell is better and getting better. He reminds me a little bit of Jason Peters in that respect (uh oh... did I just say that?) Second, Fitzpatrick is getting rid of the ball very quickly, which is impressive in itself, and makes all the OLine look better. Finally, the scheme the Bills have been using the past two weeks is working. After two games, only giving up one sack to Tamba Hali (and that wasn't even Bell) is very impressive. Didn't the Raiders lead the league in sacks last year... or close to it? And against the Bills they got nothing!

I want to love him, I really do. Its just... Ive been hurt before.

Deservedly so, but young gringo...you have to take chances in life. You have to be willing to be burned to also be willing to achieve the ultimate in all of life. Throw your fears away and embrace your Bills.

After two games, only giving up one sack to Tamba Hali (and that wasn't even Bell) is very impressive. Didn't the Raiders lead the league in sacks last year... or close to it? And against the Bills they got nothing!

You are understating the case on Hali - in fact, the Chiefs were so frustrated with Hali's inability to beat Bell, that they switched him to the other side, and he beat Pears cleanly on one play for the only Bills sack allowed on the young season.

Bell is playing great. He's young, inexperienced, and he was slacking a little in the preseason until Gailey lit a fire under his butt by playing Levitre in his spot, then Bell immediately got his act together and is back to good play.

This team needs no more than a dominant WR (and no, not a Lee Evans - I'm talking another Andre/Calvin/Larry type), or OLB, and/or CB and they will have the talent to be among the league's elite.

I actually paid close attention to Bell in this game, and there were times that he was completely dominant, pushing the defensive end more than a yard back, and I witnessed this on several pass plays. This is not to say he won't have his mistakes, but there's no doubt the guy has the talent and size to be very good, if not great.