Uhhh...we lead the league in rushing as of right now.

OCinBuffalo

No kidding.

As of right now, we lead in YPG and YPC. In every way that matters, we are the #1 rushing team in the league. This was done against supposedly superior run defenses mind you. The only way we don't end up with this after tomorrow night is if the Rams run for 240+ yards. Who knows...but for today, we are #1.

So, can anyone explain to me, especially those who have been carping about Ralph being cheap, us not getting Altanta's right tackle...who was mediocre tonight, Buddy Nix being asleep at the wheel....how a terrible front office, with a terrible coach, puts together a terrible O line....that leads the league in rushing? :lol:

I know, I know, it's only week 2. However, if I had told any of you that we would be the #1 rushing team in the league....at ANY point in the season...during the preseason, you'd still be calling me names.

Time for some accountability, or, time for some excuses, or, time for some pretty darn good explanations.

Carry on.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I'm hopeful but seriously, it's week 2. Carry on though.

We will find out if they are for real this week....

Non-answer 1.

Non-answer 2.

What is the point of posting non-answers? Give specific reasons/ make excuses for why you were wrong/ be accountable for being wrong....or GTFO of my thread. :D

Fantastic. After today.

Obama is not any part of the reason I do not visit PPP, other than how people act toward him.

I know. Just saying hi to a respected PPP veteran...and Hollywood writer....in a PPP way. :D

Edited by OCinBuffalo

No kidding.

As of right now, we lead in YPG and YPC

Actually after MNF we're now 3rd in YPC. But still 1st in YPG and also in PPG, rushing.

We are very high up in passing PPG, too - in fact, 1st. But middle of the pack for YPA and YPG passing. Points being what win games, I'll take it!

(Hey, don't you need a new avatar - a crow with a little Raider shield on it or something?)

Edited by Hopeful

Actually after MNF we're now 3rd in YPC. But still 1st in YPG and also in PPG, rushing.

We are very high up in passing PPG, too - in fact, 1st. But middle of the pack for YPA and YPG passing. Points being what win games, I'll take it!

The only teams that were close/ahead were the Eagles and Rams. The Eagles came close...but not quite on YPG. Unless I screwed up the YPC somehow...which is entirely possible...who is ahead?

EDIT

Eagles First Game: 32 att 236 yards... Eagles 2nd Game 30 att 133 yards

I get 5.95 so...they are better in YPC by .05 

:D

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I think its a combonation of things (although i expected us to be much improved in the 2nd year of Chan's offense I didnt expect this)

- A offensive line with veteran players that up till today was pretty much intact (hopefully Rhinehart can hold it down because Urbik was playing pretty darn well.....I acutally think the two of them are interchangable)

- An offense that is not designed to hold onto the ball....hense no Lee Evans.....

- A QB who reads and reacts quickly.....does not hold onto the ball

- Finally having a TE that can both be a weapon AND block

- A extremely underrated main back and a change of pace speed back who is improving by the game

Stir it all up and you have this output....which was actually pretty impressive against a Raiders defensive line

Because no other team has been able to play both the Raiders and the Chiefs? And Fred Jackson.

You can't be marked down for both an excuse AND an explanation. Pick one. Fred Jackson is either good because he is Fred Jackson, or, he is "good" because the Raiders/Chiefs suck.

You can't be marked down for both an excuse AND an explanation. Pick one. Fred Jackson is either good because he is Fred Jackson, or, he is "good" because the Raiders/Chiefs suck.

Without Fred Jackson, we would not be leading the league in rushing. If we hadn't opened up against KC and Oakland, we would not be #1 in rushing. I stand by my answer.

The O-line has looked adequate; these two wins have been entirely because of our skill players (on offense at least.) Fitz had very little time to throw yesterday, he was getting rid of the ball extremely quickly. Jackson made the most out of some small gaps.

BTW, I'm not one who was bashing the O-line before the season, I was (and still am) hoping that experience brings them more confidence and success. But don't expect to still be leading the league in rushing at the end of the season.

We will find out if they are for real this week....

Maybe.

The Pats defense hasn't been stellar.

Edited by Captain Caveman

Without Fred Jackson, we would not be leading the league in rushing. If we hadn't opened up against KC and Oakland, we would not be #1 in rushing. I stand by my answer.

The O-line has looked adequate; these two wins have been entirely because of our skill players (on offense at least.) Fitz had very little time to throw yesterday, he was getting rid of the ball extremely quickly. Jackson made the most out of some small gaps.

BTW, I'm not one who was bashing the O-line before the season, I was (and still am) hoping that experience brings them more confidence and success. But don't expect to still be leading the league in rushing at the end of the season.

Maybe.

The Pats defense hasn't been stellar.

Pats will put a ton of points up on this defense. If Jason Campbell can do what he did, Brady will have a field day. Lots of points on the board this week, it would seem.