Bills D-line mugged

SouthernMan

Didn't see any comments on it, so sorry if it's already been discussed, but what was with the blind zebras? Dareus was being held and tackled throughout the game - probably could have had at least a couple of sacks if not for the mugging he received everytime he got close to the QB. And somehow, the officials totally missed it.

I am not a conspiracy guy, but at times I almost thought they ignored those because they just got tired of calling penalties on the raiders. The raiders are a good team, but they aren't going to get far with that type of playing. Having all those penalties are going to kill their season.

also, it was ridiculous every time a penalty was called and they acted like they didn't understand why the flag was thrown. It has to be a result of sloppy coaching.

That was about as bad a holding penalty on Merriman on the final Hail Mary play as I've seen. Unfortunately, no way they call it.

Same goes for the a play on the first series. It was just a screen pass, but Veldheer had a handful of Merriman's jersey right between the 5 and 6 so blatant that I noticed it without even specifically looking for it.

Early in the game someone ripped steve Johnson's jersey away from his shoulder pad - no call was made.

The last play was also a joke - obvious hold on Merriman wasn't called.

The D-line played pretty well against one of the best running teams, maybe the best, in football. The passing game is where we got burned, but that's mostly because we were geared up against the run, and they realized they could exploit George Wilson.

in the first half it looked like the refs were looking to find something to throw a flag.its as if "THEY" dont want us to do good and win games.well,too bad for them cause here we come!!! :thumbsup::worthy::nana::angry::w00t::w00t::w00t:

And yet the Raider fans are saying on their board that the refs got the result the NFL wanted on the last play of the game.

It was a game where the refs really didn't do much wrong, IMO.

The D-line played pretty well against one of the best running teams, maybe the best, in football. The passing game is where we got burned, but that's mostly because we were geared up against the run, and they realized they could exploit George Wilson.

I disagree about the D-line. The Raiders ran 30 times for 131 yards. That's not chopped liver. And the front seven didn't generate any heat on Campbell. He wasn't sacked once and was mostly untouched.

I also disagree somewhat about the George Wilson remark. Seems like the Raiders exploited McKelvin most of all but I don't think anyone in the secondary can claim to have played a great game.

The Brady & the Pats will crush us if we don't improve.

Didn't see any comments on it, so sorry if it's already been discussed, but what was with the blind zebras? Dareus was being held and tackled throughout the game - probably could have had at least a couple of sacks if not for the mugging he received everytime he got close to the QB. And somehow, the officials totally missed it.

I think the zebras were deliberately turning a blind eye to a lot of stuff on both sides, that other officiating teams might have called.

That said....as mentioned on another thread, I wish someone would teach the Bills DL and LB to tape down their pads and lace their jerseys tight, a la Bill Romanowski (not that I'm setting him up as a role model otherwise). And if there's something legal and slippery that can be used, spray it on.

They're gonna get held, and until the Bills D builds a name, they're not gonna get calls. So it's on us to make it harder to hold.

That was about as bad a holding penalty on Merriman on the final Hail Mary play as I've seen. Unfortunately, no way they call it.

Brutal..... Dareus was held numerous times, and that one on Merriman.....damn he was grabbed, pulled, and tackled for crying out loud an nor flag? No excuse either for the officials to miss that, the bills were rushing only three and merriman was coming off the edge in plain sight!

Early in the game someone ripped steve Johnson's jersey away from his shoulder pad - no call was made.

The last play was also a joke - obvious hold on Merriman wasn't called.

Jeah, I've been going on about that as well, that was a PI as clear as they come.

And yet the Raider fans are saying on their board that the refs got the result the NFL wanted on the last play of the game.

Huh, what did they want on that, PI?

I disagree about the D-line. The Raiders ran 30 times for 131 yards. That's not chopped liver. And the front seven didn't generate any heat on Campbell. He wasn't sacked once and was mostly untouched.

I also disagree somewhat about the George Wilson remark. Seems like the Raiders exploited McKelvin most of all but I don't think anyone in the secondary can claim to have played a great game.

The Brady & the Pats will crush us if we don't improve.

They held McFadden down; Bush had one good run; and the WR reverse netted 25 yards. It was a pretty solid day against one of the best running teams in the league.

The D got killed on 3rd down screens, which is correctable.

Spoken like a true Raider fan !!!!! Or a fan other than a Bills fan !!!!!!!!