Most Important Games In Bills History

cmjoyce113

It has been 11 years since we last made the playoffs. Everyone has wrote us off and for good reason. Back in the late 90's there was a question mark surrounding the lease of the stadium. Doug Flutie came in and the team had a good year. This play increased ticket sales and fan interest.

We are likely in the same situation right now. we have sold just over 37,000 season tickets this year. There are 3 games with 15,000 to 18,000 seats left. My link

Winning against Oakland this week will not only get fans excited for a good season because of a 2-0 start. The 2-0 start is most important because we play New England in week 3. If we are 2-0 going into New England and this team and the fans BILL-ieve we can beat the Patriots the stadium will be crazy. I would anticipate it being louder than the Monday night game against the Cowboys. (The last game I remember the stadium really rockin)

If we end up beating the Pats I think the losing culture is gone for good. Win or loss I think this could be the case but a Pats win would definitely do it. If we started 3-0 and beat the Pats I don't see a game the rest of the schedule that we wouldn't have a chance to win then.

To be 2-0 could mean a lot in our ability to beat the pats. If we beat the Pats and are 3-0 I think that everyone is hopping back on the wagon and the negativity of the last 10 years, the crappy old jersey, the crap looking field, a lot of the players from past regimes all gone.

Here's to the next 2 and hoping we can win them both because in my opinion this will do more for the franchise than just and two wins.

Thoughts?

Edited by cmjoyce113

I'd be ready and willing to agree, except for the fact that we rocked N.E. 31-0 in the '03 opener...and finished 6-10. And then began the '08 season 5-1...and wound up 7-9.

BUT, I do agree that if we're 2-0 heading into the showdown with the Pats, you're looking at a real fulcrum situation (and a madhouse at The Ralph). Confidence is a hell of a drug, and a 3-0 start punctuated by a win over N.E. could turn our fortunes. For a change, I'd just like to see the good karma extend beyond the quarter pole of the season.

Keep the faith, and Go Bills!

Beating the Raiders, specifically shutting down their running game would be fantastic and really set this team up for a big showdown against the pats. I know ESPN has already declared Brady League and Super Bowl MVP but their defense is very suspect. If there is one coach/QB combo We've had in recent years that could take apart the pats* D its Gailey and Fitz. Chad Henne had almost 500 yards of offense on his own. And lets not forget

Last season against the Pats in that blowout loss we ran over the Pats* to start the game and Gailey got away from it. In his presser later that week he admitted his mistake. He won't do that again. I have confidence that Gailey has done everything he can to be competitive in this division. In Dallas he won the majority of his division games and that is his goal here. He expects to win every game and after seeing Buffalo demolish the chiefs at arrowhead, so do I.

None of this really matters if we don't beat the Raiders this week. We are going to have to be booming with confidence to beat the Best. I really think we can and based off the pressers ive seen of Wood and Fitz and Gailey, the team thinks they can too.

I'd be ready and willing to agree, except for the fact that we rocked N.E. 31-0 in the '03 opener...and finished 6-10. And then began the '08 season 5-1...and wound up 7-9.

BUT, I do agree that if we're 2-0 heading into the showdown with the Pats, you're looking at a real fulcrum situation (and a madhouse at The Ralph). Confidence is a hell of a drug, and a 3-0 start punctuated by a win over N.E. could turn our fortunes. For a change, I'd just like to see the good karma extend beyond the quarter pole of the season.

Keep the faith, and Go Bills!

I like your thoughts.

As for the OP it is a stretch to call these games the "most important" in Bills history. I would argue any one of the super bowls was far more "important." Also, by extension any playoff game is more "important" than a regular season game. If the last decade has shown anything it is that being a playoff team and better yet a Super Bowl team takes a great front office, a great roster, excellent coaching and maybe even a dash of luck. For a decade the Bills have had none of these - hopefully we have turned a corner.

Yes, we need to ROCK THE RALPH ... my brother (Virginia Beach) and I (Atlantic City) will be there in our brand new never worn DH GATE (sorry NFL but these are beauties and arrived in less than a week at 1/5 the price) jersey's! Goodbye the jerseys of the last ten years ... goodbye the hopelessness of 10 years of futile drafting and the lack of leadership wanting to win and HELLO the BUDDY and CHAN YEARS!!!

New uniforms have me psyched ... new team has me psyched ... the attitude of the players and Gailey that they can win every week has been missing for way too long.

So, if you are going to be at THE RALPH on Sunday be prepared to scream and shout and rock the joint so that the RAIDERS can't hear themselves think and that finally the TWELFTH MAN returns to a meaningful element in the game!

GO BILLS!!!

Yes, we need to ROCK THE RALPH ... my brother (Virginia Beach) and I (Atlantic City) will be there in our brand new never worn DH GATE (sorry NFL but these are beauties and arrived in less than a week at 1/5 the price) jersey's! Goodbye the jerseys of the last ten years ... goodbye the hopelessness of 10 years of futile drafting and the lack of leadership wanting to win and HELLO the BUDDY and CHAN YEARS!!!

New uniforms have me psyched ... new team has me psyched ... the attitude of the players and Gailey that they can win every week has been missing for way too long.

So, if you are going to be at THE RALPH on Sunday be prepared to scream and shout and rock the joint so that the RAIDERS can't hear themselves think and that finally the TWELFTH MAN returns to a meaningful element in the game!

GO BILLS!!!

The 12th man definitely showed up today! Bring on the Pats.