1st Time Tailgater

NYCBillsFan86

Hello fellow Bills fans I'm looking to your expertise for some guidance.

I'm from NYC and coming up to the Week 3 game Vrs the Pats. I've been a Bills fan since 86 and have only been to a few Bills games, but I haven't had the opportunity to tailgate with masses of Bills Backers in Buffalo and would like to change that this year.

Where should I be? Where should I go? What should I bring?

Well if you are going to be coming with just one carload of people, any of the Bills lot (except for lot one which now requires a pass) would work great for you. Lots 2 & 3 (which are directly across from the scoreboard side of the stadium across abbott rd.) are adhering to the new "Disney Style" parking where attendants direct you to park next to the car in front of you. Not bad if it's just your carload, not good if you are meeting up with a group of people. There are also a bunch of great private lots right around the stadium (see hammers lot)

As for what to bring, that's totally up to you! Folding chairs, folding table, cooler full of favorite beverages, i would recommend a cheap charcoal grill for grilling whatever you have (yes grilling is a requirement). If you have an EZ Up pop up I would throw that in the car in case the weather isn't so great.

Highly recommend taking a camper and showing up early. There is nothing more rewarding than mingling with other Bills fans. Many people through the years and from completely different walks of life become tailgate friends. They then make plans to meet up with each other at another game devising bigger, better ideas for the next trip to the Ralph.

It's really just a matter of what you like to do. But people like good food and good beer in general. What you bring is completely up to you.

My bad fellas I guess I wasn't completely clear with my request. I've tailgated plenty of times down here at Jets & Giants games, but I've never tailgated in Buffalo.

I appreciate everyone's info and feedback but I've heard Buffalo is the BEST when it comes to open tailgate parties and being that I'm traveling I was hoping to be able to get involved with some of these wild tailgates that I've heard so much about. I've heard that they've cracked down on the tailgating up there but I'm sure people have found at way to keep it going.

Anyone have any advice on where I should wonder to get the full Bills Tailgate experience.

Highly recommend taking a camper and showing up early. There is nothing more rewarding than mingling with other Bills fans. Many people through the years and from completely different walks of life become tailgate friends. They then make plans to meet up with each other at another game devising bigger, better ideas for the next trip to the Ralph.

It's really just a matter of what you like to do. But people like good food and good beer in general. What you bring is completely up to you.

This^ talking with other fans before the game is one of the best parts of the day. The game is fun too tho :)

I'm pretty excited - a crew of friends and I are staying in an RV this year for the opener, should be a fun scene. I'll post a post-game report :D

As for the original poster, I think the thread nailed it - park in Hammer's Lot, find The Pinto, eat, drink and be merry! It's definitely a treat...

Let's Go Buffalo!!!