On October 11 I went to Buffalo...

buckeyemike

Coincidence? You decide for yourself...

Back on Monday, October 11, I decided to get up early and drive to Buffalo for a little sojourn. I left my home in Cleveland a few minutes before 5:00 A.M. and drove 200 miles northeast on I-90. I arrived at the Ralph around 8:20 and was distressed when the guard at the gate told me the gift shop at the fieldhouse didn't open until 10:00. So I went to a nearby Burger King and had breakfast and hung out until the store opened.

Remember, the Bills were 0-4 at this point and had just come off that last-second loss to the Jets.

I bought a London Fletcher jersey that I've worn several times since then, all during Bills victories. My friend Andy threatened to beat me up and burn the jersey during the win over my formerly beloved Browns (Andy is still a diehard fan whose brother has club seats at Browns Stadium. He has not taken my conversion very well.).

I even had lunch at Louie's in Orchard Park before leaving for home about 2:00 that afternoon. I have pictures that I may post here at some point (just of the stadium, and perhaps, me in the Bills jersey).

But strange things have happened since my visit...the Bills have won eight out of their last 10, and five in a row.

I wish I could have met some of you that day, but it was almost a spur-of-the-moment type thing. It was on Columbus Day and I'm self-employed so I could afford to get away for the day.

I would like to think I had something to do with the turnaround. Or is it the London Fletcher jersey? :lol::lol:

Mike

Guest ChopBlock

Ahhh...The London Fletcher Jersey story...

Bought mine for the KC game last year.....We got killed, London probably had 1 tackle, I got heckled, and he bitches he doesnt get recognition for the Pro Bowl....doh

Seems to be working just fine this year though.