A little faith in humanity RESTORED

DrDawkinstein

not to criticize anyone that was there at the scene...but that guy in the suit did zero but stand around...wonder if he was the driver of the bmw....the first guy on scene...what a reaction by him...he wanted sooooo badly to do something immediately but didn't know what to do by himself....

not to criticize anyone that was there at the scene...but that guy in the suit did zero but stand around...wonder if he was the driver of the bmw....the first guy on scene...what a reaction by him...he wanted sooooo badly to do something immediately but didn't know what to do by himself....

I was thinking the same thing about that guy in the suit. He was hard to miss on that video. There's at least one woman helping to lift that car and yet he's just standing there watching.

I wonder that too. Was that the driver? The guy in the orange shirt was brave as **** to scramble in and pull the guy out like that. Brave in that the groups grip on the car could slip and also in that as has been said, he could be sued. At a guess, he was gripped by adrenalin and just darted in without thinking through the possible consequences.

Another note, while it is cool to see the video, who filmed that? Who stood there and essentially watched? Overall though, kudos to humanity.

Apparently everyone scattered, because the police are trying to contact these "heroes." More likely, they don't want to be found, lest as DC Tom alluded to, they're sued for saving him but him being paralyzed (even though the crash probably would have been the culprit).

From what I heard on the news, the motorcyclist was in the hospital, a little worse for wear but he's not doing bad, and he thanked his rescuers profusely. If it hadn't been for them, he'd have been extra crispy inside of another 5 minutes.

A number of ordinary people who aren't paid to do so risked their own safety to help this guy. Even if there was the whiff of a lawsuit, with that video, it would be a rare jury that would side with a plaintiff, and there would be a heavy onus to prove he would deserve anything but a slap upside the head.

Nonetheless, know your state laws and whether there are strong Good Samaritan laws to CYA before you do anything like this.

no kidding. as heroic as it was, when they dragged him out all i could think was "Support his neck or youre getting sued!"

I dont see it going that route though. Hopefully.

Support his neck? he was dragged out from underneath a burning vehicle by the feet from a car held up by people!

Let me brag on Alaska here. We have a "good Samaritan" law.You CANNOT be sued for assisting a person in distress as in the video.

Middle management type.

Another note, while it is cool to see the video, who filmed that? Who stood there and essentially watched? Overall though, kudos to humanity.

From the angle, they must have been a couple stories up in a building.

Support his neck? he was dragged out from underneath a burning vehicle by the feet from a car held up by people!

Don't you bring common sense and humanity to the discussion. :wallbash:

Good for those folks who did what they could with what they had. Awesome video and hope the victim recovers. Kudos to "Jim" for bringing some reason to this thread.

Don't you bring common sense and humanity to the discussion. :wallbash:

Good for those folks who did what they could with what they had. Awesome video and hope the victim recovers. Kudos to "Jim" for bringing some reason to this thread.

Whoa, hold up there. No one said they agreed with those people being sued. Just that, nowadays in America, that can (unfortunately) get you sued.

Great job by the folks in that video.

Whoa, hold up there. No one said they agreed with those people being sued. Just that, nowadays in America, that can (unfortunately) get you sued.

Great job by the folks in that video.

I hear you. The fact that it even comes up means 'many' people in this country do agree with the guy having a 'case.' Very sad.

Apologies. Did not mean to imply you (or others) felt that way personally though my post does read that way. My bad. It was my knee jerk reaction to what could conceivably be another frivolous lawsuit against someone trying to do 'the right thing.' Mea culpa.

I hear you. The fact that it even comes up means 'many' people in this country do agree with the guy having a 'case.' Very sad.

Apologies. Did not mean to imply you (or others) felt that way personally though my post does read that way. My bad. It was my knee jerk reaction to what could conceivably be another frivolous lawsuit against someone trying to do 'the right thing.' Mea culpa.

No worries, I figured that's how you meant it but wanted to clarify, just in case. Go Bills! :thumbsup: