Denver Broncos

BuffaloWest

How on earth does Denver get the MNF home opener after going 3-13 last season?

Did I miss something here. They look horrible tonight. Oakland looks relatively tough.

More confusing The Jaguars, a Team NO ONE cares about (and sucks)has three primetime games.

They cant even drum up any interest in Florida,didnt sell out the home opener (after tarping 1/4 of the stadium...

How does the NFL think putting them on primetime 3 times this year will be of any interest to anyone?

Meanwhile...In san Diego 200+ plus Bills fans enjoyed a thrashing of KC at PB Ale House.

Pretty sure there are no Jaguars fan clubs in San Diego-or anywhere else for that matter.

Oddly - the bar I was at was about 50-50 bills and jags with a handful of "other" fans(eagles)

The late game must be west coast which limits things. It's a classic rivalry. It's early enough in the year that neither will be out of it, and it's a pretty safe bet to be competitive.

Jags are easily a playoff contender and frankly with mjd, you have built in viewers because of fantasy.

Any more questions?

Oddly - the bar I was at was about 50-50 bills and jags with a handful of "other" fans(eagles)

The late game must be west coast which limits things. It's a classic rivalry. It's early enough in the year that neither will be out of it, and it's a pretty safe bet to be competitive.

Jags are easily a playoff contender and frankly with mjd, you have built in viewers because of fantasy.

Any more questions?

I wish I had MJD! I could only get Green Ellis on Pats...he's serviceable...

Anyways yes-one other question...You dont honestly think The Jags are a playoff contender do you?

I wish I had MJD! I could only get Green Ellis on Pats...he's serviceable...

Anyways yes-one other question...You dont honestly think The Jags are a playoff contender do you?

When the schedules were made- We knew they were 8-8 last year, second in their division and mannings health was questionable.

Even now - they could steal the division from Houston, Tennessee and Indy.

Edited by NoSaint

Hello everybody. I used to be very active on the forums. Slowed down a bit the last few years, just been busier then hell, but I expect to be more active again. It’s really great to see some of the same names I got used to over the years still posting. After watching the Monday night game just a few thoughts on Oakland.

The name Oakland makes you think we could open 2-0, I’ve already read as much on the boards. I certainly hope Buffalo is ready for what’s to come. I don’t care how bad the Broncos are. Monday Night, at home, Denver is a very difficult place to play at. Oakland will present a lot of issues for what our perceived weaknesses are and week 2 will tell us more about this team then we could have imagined otherwise.

The Oakland front is big, long, physical, and very aggressive. Can we run the ball? This is one of the better defensive lines in the NFL. Can we match the Raiders physicality? It’s clear they fully intend on transforming to the Raiders of yesterday. We have heard that before, but this team literally beat the piss out of Denver’s line as if it was a JV high school squad. We will need to play with extreme mental fortitude.

Can we protect Fitz and will Fitz make good decisions? Denver is certainly prone to becoming one dimensional. After watching this game, Oakland is going to make a lot of teams one dimensional this year. The aggression in the run defense transcends to the passing game. Most QB’s resemble two personalities, one if they have time to throw and one without. The latter is what separates the best. Fitz can’t make mistakes, and the Bills offense must force this Oakland offense to beat them. Protection will obviously play a large roll in this department.

Finally, how good is our defense, more specifically our run defense? McFadden is a beast. One of the few elite backs in the NFL, big, fast, powerful and agile. He will pound you for 4 quarters, can we meet the challenge in stopping the run? Again, can we be as physical as them?

Before tonight, I allowed myself to visualize a 2-0 start (regrettably). How many years have we trained ourselves to not get caught up in 1 week with this team. Still, it’s a very likeable group. Perhaps the most I’ve seen in a decade. I really haven’t been this excited since Takeo’s first year. Just a lot of players, no huge names, guys care about each other. Our talent is underrated as we have several young players potentially set to break out. Nobody really knows how good we could be.

In no way did I consider the Oakland game a defining test for this team. It’s week 2 for god sake, but after watching the Denver game, Oakland does just about everything well that the Bills were perceived to struggle in. How we perform will tell us a lot about our growth and what we can expect the next few weeks. It’s more then just a score, as I did not feel the Oakland/Denver score reflected how fully the Raiders dominated at the point of attack. If nothing else, I want to see Buffalo play with aggression and not get pushed around. Denver got so physically beaten by Oakland, I just can’t see that happening to us and still harbor grandiose thoughts about our drought ending.I want to see the Bills refuse to get pushed or bullied. It’s all about matching the Raiders physicality and intensity. Yes, I sure as hell want to get the win, obviously that’s what all of us want most. But if the Raiders physically manhandle us, well, that’s the complete opposite of the spectrum. That is what I fear the most.

Should make for a hell of an entertaining opener, for those attending shake that stadium like the Dallas MNF game years ago, we need the 12th man in full force! Circle those wagons baby, Go Bills!

I really do believe the Bills are the most overlooked when it comes to primetime games... How the hell did the NFL manage to have us go 13 years without having a MNF game at the Ralph? 13 years times 8 home games a year equals 104 games withought a MNF game... 104 divided by 32 nfl teams equals 3.25... that means if every team was to have a monday night game in order we should have had 3 monday night games at the Ralph in 13 years... Why do they hate us so much? What did the Bills do to anybody except show teams that even if we dont have a winning season we've proved we're NFL worthy? Meanwhile the Detroit Lions (who have not been good in many recent years plays EVERY thanksgiving... Is it in contract form that they MUST play every Thanksgiving? IDK man... I guess we're just gonna have to become an amazing team for the NFL to give us some nationwide recognition...

I really do believe the Bills are the most overlooked when it comes to primetime games... How the hell did the NFL manage to have us go 13 years without having a MNF game at the Ralph? 13 years times 8 home games a year equals 104 games withought a MNF game... 104 divided by 32 nfl teams equals 3.25... that means if every team was to have a monday night game in order we should have had 3 monday night games at the Ralph in 13 years... Why do they hate us so much? What did the Bills do to anybody except show teams that even if we dont have a winning season we've proved we're NFL worthy? Meanwhile the Detroit Lions (who have not been good in many recent years plays EVERY thanksgiving... Is it in contract form that they MUST play every Thanksgiving? IDK man... I guess we're just gonna have to become an amazing team for the NFL to give us some nationwide recognition...

Drunken Bills fans attacked Howard Cosell at Rich Stadium and he refused to do another game there.

Meanwhile the Detroit Lions (who have not been good in many recent years plays EVERY thanksgiving... Is it in contract form that they MUST play every Thanksgiving?

Decades ago, they and the Cowboys were the only teams willing to host a game on Thanksgiving. I don't know if it's an actual contract, but I believe they do it now more as tradition.

Found this article -

Thanksgiving and the NFL