Pennington acting like a 12 year old...

gmac17

After he had a terrible game against the Steelers some papers rightfully wrote about it, questioning his arm strength etc - but nothing over the top.

Yesterday he was very short with the media and today he lectured them about how their job is a priviledge, they have to be fair etc.

I've never heard anything like it in all my life.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After he had a terrible game against the Steelers some papers rightfully wrote about it, questioning his arm strength etc - but nothing over the top.

Yesterday he was very short with the media and today he lectured them about how their job is a priviledge, they have to be fair etc. 

169918[/snapback]

Good for him.

This guy has been treated like a little prince ever since he came to New York. It's about time the media actually looks at him objectively. And guess what, when they did, he gets all pissy. Screw him...welcome to the NFL.

The " Hanging Chad " is making a bad decision to snip at the NY media, for they will not stop. It's best just to shrug it off and keep your cool. He just put himself under the microscope and will now be butchered every time he has an off game. The media now smells weakness/blood.

Good luck son. You just cut your own throat. I'm not kidding.

The " Hanging Chad " is making a bad decision to snip at the NY media, for they will not stop. It's best just to shrug it off and keep your cool. He just put himself under the microscope and will now be butchered every time he has an off game. The media now smells weakness/blood.

Good luck son. You just cut your own throat. I'm not kidding.

169948[/snapback]

Thats the truth Mark. I saw in a PC he apologized today. The NYC media is relentless.

he didn't apologize really - he pretended he was just kidding around, then launched into his lecture.

After living in Buffalo, Philly and Boston he is definitely the best treated qb by the media anywhere.

and it's about to get a whole lot worse for him.....

The press is laying some serious pressure down on the whole squad, especially the anointed one, to beat NE to prove that they belong amount the league elite.

This just in...the Jets just ain't that good. I watch them (I have not choice) every freaking week, and they've got some serious warts. I'm looking forward to NE kicking some Jets ass this weekend.

GO PATS! (RETCH!!! :unsure: )

169918[/snapback]

If you take the time to look into the incident you'd actually realize that you're completely off base with this. Pennington's spot on with his assessment.

If you take the time to look into the incident you'd actually realize that you're completely off base with this.  Pennington's spot on with his assessment.

170030[/snapback]

I just watched it for the first time and have mixed feelings. For awhile there, I was completely on Pennington's side. But then he started saying things that to me, completely nixed his own argument. Like he started saying it's "not all about selling papers, it's about being honest and reporting the truth." That is total crap. Is he going to take blame for something himself being honest, like he doesn't have a strong arm and can't make certain throws? Is he going to tell the press that his offensive line sucked if it sucked? Is he going to tell the press the coaches blew the call? Hell, no. The players don't tell the truth anymore than the reporters report it. It is about selling papers, that is the reporters job. His job is about selling the team and himself to them. After awhile he started whining to me, although I agreed with some of it.

Nice going, creating a firestorm before the biggest game of the season, Chad.  He better WILL that team to win, otherwise it's going to get brutal Sunday evening.

170046[/snapback]

Granted, of course, we want the Jests to lose anyway. But it will especially be delightful if Pennington just happens to stink up the joint. The bloodletting will be so much fun! And may even have an affect on their last game of the season. With apologies to Buckeyemike, maybe we'll be screaming, AGAIN....

NO-BODY CIRCLES THE DRAIN LIKE THE JETS-JETS-JETS!

Granted, of course, we want the Jests to lose anyway. But it will especially be delightful if Pennington just happens to stink up the joint. The bloodletting will be so much fun! And may even have an affect on their last game of the season. With apologies to Buckeyemike, maybe we'll be screaming, AGAIN....

NO-BODY CIRCLES THE DRAIN LIKE THE JETS-JETS-JETS!

Actually, I don't know if I want the Jets to lose. I want the Bills to win out and finish 10-6, and doing that means beating the Steelers and making them lose HFA. If they lose HFA, I doubt they beat the Pats in Foxboro. I'm just sick of the Pats and their cheating ways, and the way they squeak by with wins at home. I want to see if Tommy Boy can actually win a playoff road game, about which I have my doubts.

169918[/snapback]

Sounded more like a psycho to me...almost Ryan Leaf like. This kind of stuff tends to snowball. C'mon Jests, just crumble already.