An innocence lost but our freedom never taken

Ah, so you didn't mean "terrorism", you meant "terrorism...but organized. And, like, not American. Otherwise it doesn't count." Fine, then...

On behalf of the people at THE FIRST WORLD TRADE CENTER BOMBING, you're a !@#$ing moron. :rolleyes:

I don't know what's funnier:

The fact that I knew this was coming....

or

The fact that I knew this was coming....from you.

I was holding out a glimmer of hope for GG or KD....but honestly, what was I thinking?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or

I was holding out a glimmer of hope for GG or KD....but honestly, what was I thinking?

Actually, my first thought was to post, "On behalf of those in the twin towers on 2/26/93" but I thought the other response was better.

or

No, what's really funny is that, as obvious a response as that was, whateverdude didn't see it coming.

Shows how much of a !@#$ing moron he actually is. Sometimes, a lack of subtlety itself carries subtlety. [/Tao Te DC]

Yup, 911 was just another day in America it did not change our thinking in America at all... it was Not a pivotal moment in American history it did not change us forever.

BTW... can anyone score me some tickets to see the Capital this weekend... I remember when I could just walk right in.

Edited by whateverdude

Actually, my first thought was to post, "On behalf of those in the twin towers on 2/26/93" but I thought the other response was better.

6 deaths was not enough impact to wake the US up.... we continued to slumber.

But, some really are not earnestly interested in understanding the meaning of the statement made here but seem more interested in finding purpose in failed attempts to bring meaning to their life by putting others down so they can feels so superior. I feel sorry for you and will pray for you.

Edited by whateverdude

or

My first thought was to post the laundry list of all the domestic terrorist acts in the US in the last hundred years before 9-11 (remember the FALN bombings? I'm pretty sure those were 'organized'), but then decided my time would be better spent by going to take a dump.

Edited by KD in CT

But, some really are not earnestly interested in understanding the meaning of the statement made here but seem more interested in finding purpose in failed attempts to bring meaning to their life by putting others down so they can feels so superior. I feel sorry for you and will pray for you.

:oops:

Is that why the US is in Iraq or Bahrain?

Tom, I truly am sorry that your father was very critical of you, did not accept the way you are and did not acknowledged your accomplishments in life. Don't repeat the cycle. I am sure that you are loved now and you must find help in moving past this pain.

What a fervent Christian you are. If you want to insult Tom, point out when he is proven wrong (rare admittedly), he rarely acknowledges it. Family is off limits and you are skirting the edge.

Ok...now you have changed the topic from "innocence" to "public foreign policy". Did the second one change? Yes.

I assure you that the grown ups in this country have never fooled themselves, or allowed others to fool them, into thinking:

that we didn't have deadly serious enemies, and don't have them right now. Especially the ones we don't hear about much, like Russia, Venezuela, etc.

that we don't need our elite military. These enemies would do anything they could to attack us, and would be, at home, right now, without it.

that this country cannot be invaded. We have the Maginot line, the Great Wall of China, Constantinople, and about 50 other examples of the fact that anybody can be invaded, and anybody can be taken out with a decisive blow.

that war will end, or that war doesn't exist anymore, or that we can wish war away, talk it away, or simply "not attend", like the clowns in the 60s-->clowns of today think passes for a rational response to the reality we live in, that all humans have lived in since forever.

OTOH, the "children" in this country? The ones who weren't aware of the above? Well, they got a rude awakening didn't they? But that wasn't "loss of innocence" that was "confrontation of stupidity and/or ignorance".

Ok...now you have changed the topic from "innocence" to "public foreign policy". Did the second one change? Yes.

I assure you that the grown ups in this country have never fooled themselves, or allowed others to fool them, into thinking:

that we didn't have deadly serious enemies, and don't have them right now. Especially the ones we don't hear about much, like Russia, Venezuela, etc.

that we don't need our elite military. These enemies would do anything they could to attack us, and would be, at home, right now, without it.

that this country cannot be invaded. We have the Maginot line, the Great Wall of China, Constantinople, and about 50 other examples of the fact that anybody can be invaded, and anybody can be taken out with a decisive blow.

that war will end, or that war doesn't exist anymore, or that we can wish war away, talk it away, or simply "not attend", like the clowns in the 60s-->clowns of today think passes for a rational response to the reality we live in, that all humans have lived in since forever.

OTOH, the "children" in this country? The ones who weren't aware of the above? Well, they got a rude awakening didn't they? But that wasn't "loss of innocence" that was "confrontation of stupidity and/or ignorance".

Not only that, he attempted to put down a poster for acting superior, while simultaneously showing Christian hypocrisy at its worst. Note that I usually defend Christianity.

What a fervent Christian you are. If you want to insult Tom, point out when he is proven wrong (rare admittedly), he rarely acknowledges it. Family is off limits and you are skirting the edge.

Didn't think anything was off limits except foul language and racist speech. Insults, ad hominem attacks, bulling etc.. there is plenty of it, ironic isn't it.

Not only that, he attempted to put down a poster for acting superior, while simultaneously showing Christian hypocrisy at its worst. Note that I usually defend Christianity.

I'm sorry did you not get enough attention...I will pray for you too. BTW you are showing your true biased against Christians. Christians are not the only group that prays yet you make that assumption that I am because of your own negative views of Christians

Edited by whateverdude

Didn't think anything was off limits except foul language and racist speech. Insults, ad hominem attacks, bulling etc.. there is plenty of it, ironic isn't it.

I'm sorry did you not get enough attention...I will pray for you too

Family is off limits. Implying a poster has committed stuff like pedophilia with no proof is out of bounds. I was an only child you moron. You couldn't be more off base. Grow a thicker skin as to the other and don't whine when you get called out for a condescending attitude and for rampant hypocrisy.

Family is off limits. Implying a poster has committed stuff like pedophilia with no proof is out of bounds. I was an only child you moron. You couldn't be more off base. Grow a thicker skin as to the other and don't whine when you get called out for a condescending attitude and for rampant hypocrisy.

I'm sorry did you not get enough attention...I will pray for you too. BTW you are showing your true biased against Christians. Christians are not the only group that prays yet you make that assumption that I am because of your own negative views of Christians. keep on talking I'll work up a profile on you too.

Edited by whateverdude

I'm sorry did you not get enough attention...I will pray for you too. BTW you are showing your true biased against Christians. Christians are not the only group that prays yet you make that assumption that I am because of your own negative views of Christians. keep on talking I'll work up a profile on you too.

Umm, just so you know how the game is played, you have to sorta base your attacks on what I say. I mean some don't, but they generally do not last long. Now, you can use a subtle straw man, but a blatant one will generally draw ridicule. Even a subtle one will draw ridicule if someone is feeling snarky and just generally disagrees with you.

As to the Christian aspect of your personality, I guessed. You strike me as a Fundamentalist. Perhaps I was incorrect? If you are of a religion that approves of hypocrisy in how they pray, I would like to know what religion that was. I have a generally positive view of Christians that are not whackjobs or people who contradict their faith with their actions or words. You are starting to strike me as both.

Umm, just so you know how the game is played, you have to sorta base your attacks on what I say. I mean some don't, but they generally do not last long. Now, you can use a subtle straw man, but a blatant one will generally draw ridicule. Even a subtle one will draw ridicule if someone is feeling snarky and just generally disagrees with you.

As to the Christian aspect of your personality, I guessed. You strike me as a Fundamentalist. Perhaps I was incorrect? If you are of a religion that approves of hypocrisy in how they pray, I would like to know what religion that was. I have a generally positive view of Christians that are not whackjobs or people who contradict their faith with their actions or words. You are starting to strike me as both.

would you say you have trouble controlling your temper at times then feel a bit guilty after you cool down?