An innocence lost but our freedom never taken

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ahhh the drama! People just love the drama... "Innocence lost but our freedom never taken"

"Innocence lost." We were as white as the driven snow!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have to agree with the 4 eye-rolls for this thread.

Innocence lost?? Good grief. Go talk to a solider.

I don't get this innocence thing...because I thought Viet Nam woke everybody up to the fact that we sometimes have to do things we detest, to avoid doing things we detest even more, because we are now dealing with enemies that are truly detestable themselves. We hadn't faced these kind of enemies as a country, until the Japanese, Communists, and now these Islamic Fascist types. But, that doesn't mean that enemies like this haven't existed in history. I am fairly certain that the Japanese throwing our POWs into air raid shelters and immolating them, cost us a lot more innocence than 9/11.

And, likewise, Viet Nam proved to the world just how serious we take our freedoms. Few people understand that we were going to fight that war someplace, where it ended up being was simply a dice roll. The Russians didn't think we had the sack to lose troops on that scale. They wanted to test us, and they learned that we would not be the push over they thought.

So, for me, 9/11 simply boils down to: every 20 years or so some assclown chooses to test our resolve...and they always get hammered. We always hear the same thing from them: we are decadent, we have no heart, we aren't willing to do this or that....they are better, they aren't decadent, they are "super soldiers" because they have some external leader/ideology that makes it so, blah, blah...f'ing bomb on your head, and you're dead.

I don't see 9/11 as some particularly profound change for the country as a whole, in the context of our entire history.

"innocence lost"

...For me the meaning is vague.

911, my first thought is about what those "jumpers" had to do

A falling body killed a firefighter.

estimates that at least 200 people jumped to their deaths that morning, far more than can be seen in the photographs taken that morning. Nearly all were from the north tower, which was hit first and collapsed last. Fewer than a dozen were from the south tower.

The jumping started shortly after the first jet hit at 8:46 a.m. People jumped continuously during the 102 minutes that the north tower stood. Two people jumped as the north tower began to fall at 10:28 a.m., witnesses said.

For those who jumped, the fall lasted 10 seconds. They struck the ground at just less than 150 miles per hour — not fast enough to cause unconsciousness while falling, but fast enough to ensure instant death on impact. People jumped from all four sides of the north tower. They jumped alone, in pairs and in groups.

Edited by Frit0 Bandit0

Yeah, I always thought about that too. We had a clear view of the impact zone on the North Tower from our office and saw people jumping within just a few minutes of the crash.

I'll take ten seconds of free-fall and an immediate death over sixty seconds of my skin melting off any day of the week.

Horrific as it sounds...but we can't all die in bed with a busty nymphomaniac redhead.

I'll take ten seconds of free-fall and an immediate death over sixty seconds of my skin melting off any day of the week.

Horrific as it sounds...but we can't all die in bed with a busty nymphomaniac redhead.

No doubt. Must have been pretty bad when jumping was the best available option.

Yes, an innocence lost. The 911 experience widened our eyes to the awareness of evil, pain or suffering in the world around us by terrorism.

Seriously? There were still people who weren't aware of evil, pain and suffering in the world on 9/10/2001?

On behalf of people at Columbine and in Oklahoma City: you're a !@#$ing moron.

Turn in your mensa card. that was lone wolf acts not international organized terror reacting out from the desert caves to touch us here in the homeland...but you already know that and are only trying to start **** with me cause you're bored.

some of you concrete thinkers could benefit from reading this http://www.projectlearnet.org/tutorials/concrete_vs_abstract_thinking.html

Edited by whateverdude

Turn in your mensa card. that was lone wolf acts not international organized terror reacting out from the desert caves to touch us here in the homeland...but you already know that and are only trying to start **** with me cause you're bored.

As opposed to domestic organized terror reacting out from the Arizona desert caves to touch us here in the Oklahoma heartland?

some of you concrete thinkers could benefit from reading this http://www.projectlearnet.org/tutorials/concrete_vs_abstract_thinking.html

Ah, so you didn't mean "terrorism", you meant "terrorism...but organized. And, like, not American. Otherwise it doesn't count." Fine, then...

On behalf of the people at THE FIRST WORLD TRADE CENTER BOMBING, you're a !@#$ing moron. :rolleyes: