The TSA

True... In our culture we find this behavior very bad... Yet, many cultures this behavior is perfectly acceptable. Mexico comes to mind. Bribing is part of the honor code to some cultures.

TSA is fed employees right? Don't they have some kind of "ethics training?"

In my line of work, it is usually the opposite... The patrons are the ones who try and influence peddle... Boats get stuck in traffic and they offer you all kinds of crazy crap... I just reply: "No thank you." Again, I a very shocked they don't have some kind of ethics training mandated... I think 20 dollars is still the ethical limit the fed sets on "gifts." ??

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

True... In our culture we find this behavior very bad... Yet, many cultures this behavior is perfectly acceptable. Mexico comes to mind. Bribing is part of the honor code to some cultures.

Yes we should certainly aspire to the Mexican standard of conduct. :rolleyes:

Again, we see the one-size-fits-all mentality failing miserably. Instead doing that...why don't we do what we have been doing since the beginning of the transportation business?

Create a 1st class, 2nd, and so on, and have the people who want special privileges pay for them.

Learn the lesson liberals/tight-asses: The free market will always find a way, if one exists, even with government employees. :lol: This will not be the last example of this lesson in your lifetime. The only question is: how many more will it take for you to learn it?

In this case, we have people doing something illegal, or at least, highly suspect. But, it doesn't have to be. If a smart manager at TSA was allowed to think this through, who knows? Maybe the TSA employees get a commission for selling and providing the "special service"? Maybe...TSA gets infused with some honest to God customer service values?

Perish the thought, right? God-forbid we expect to be treated like the people that pay their salaries. Nah, much better to treat us like cattle. :D