10 Years Ago Today The POTUS Speech

3rdnlng

I didn't "object" to anything...you braught out the same tired cliche about Bush having his finest moment, that day, on the pile of rubble. This tired point has been made 1000's of times over the last 10 years.. It was a fine moment, in all sincerity. But, my point was, if you were being honest, there is almost nothing any president could say, or do, in that situation, at that moment, that would have been wrong...Bush had the will of the people on his side, like almost no president has had in my lifetime, and didn't really do a whole hell of a lot with it...and, in fact, his time in office only divided us more...and it continues today. So, I guess, what I am saying is, what you hail as a great moment, I see as a missed opportunity.

In case it escaped you, your "could Obama say the same words with conviction" are about all I need to know about where your coming from..."you didn't mean to make it politcal"? Please...is that the best you can come up with...who has nothing?

Damn, you are dense. I was talking about the difference between the two men, not about politics. If you think that there was nothing a president could say or do that would be wrong in that situation then you are in line for the Conner Award. It just struck me when reading that speech that if it was Obama giving it he could not have convinced me that he was sincere. Bush=Gailey while Obama=Jauron. That's not political, it's about the individual.

The following is political, and at the risk of hijacking my own thread, here goes.

You say that Bush divided this country? The f'n media did nothing but hammer amd hammer against him from the 2000 election to Gitmo, the wars, warrantless wiretaps, firing of a few federal prosecutors, Katrina, gaffes and on and on. The f'n media has done nothing but cover for Obama failures. They've shut up about the wars, Gitmo, wiretapping, gaffes and a whole bunch of other ****. The average person knows nothing about Solyndra and won't hear from the f'n media. Try this on for size----replace Solyndra with Haliburton and have Haliburton officials visit the White House 20 times and give the president and his party big political donations. So the government "loans" them money (550 million dollars)and puts itself last in line for payback in case of bankruptcy. The company then sets a land speed record for declaring bankruptcy. Solyndra--the sound of crickets. Haliburton---the f'n media would make it bigger than Watergate. I bring this up because even with the f'n media covering for him at every turn, Obama has polarized this country to the extent that we are pretty close to being permantly broken.

BTW, I didn't say that it was Bush's finest moment. Why do you make **** up? I didn't even "braught" it out. The speech I linked to was one given on 9-11-2001 at 8:30 pm. It was a speech given to assure and inspire.

Edited by 3rdnlng

Damn, you are dense. I was talking about the difference between the two men, not about politics. If you think that there was nothing a president could say or do that would be wrong in that situation then you are in line for the Conner Award. It just struck me when reading that speech that if it was Obama giving it he could not have convinced me that he was sincere. Bush=Gailey while Obama=Jauron. That's not political, it's about the individual.

The following is political, and at the risk of hijacking my own thread, here goes.

You say that Bush divided this country? The f'n media did nothing but hammer amd hammer against him from the 2000 election to Gitmo, the wars, warrantless wiretaps, firing of a few federal prosecutors, Katrina, gaffes and on and on. The f'n media has done nothing but cover for Obama failures. They've shut up about the wars, Gitmo, wiretapping, gaffes and a whole bunch of other ****. The average person knows nothing about Solyndra and won't hear from the f'n media. Try this on for size----replace Solyndra with Haliburton and have Haliburton officials visit the White House 20 times and give the president and his party big political donations. So the government "loans" them money (550 million dollars)and puts itself last in line for payback in case of bankruptcy. The company then sets a land speed record for declaring bankruptcy. Solyndra--the sound of crickets. Haliburton---the f'n media would make it bigger than Watergate. I bring this up because even with the f'n media covering for him at every turn, Obama has polarized this country to the extent that we are pretty close to being permantly broken.

BTW, I didn't say that it was Bush's finest moment. Why do you make **** up? I didn't even "braught" it out. The speech I linked to was one given on 9-11-2001 at 8:30 pm. It was a speech given to assure and inspire.

What a tool...

I didn't "object" to anything...you trotted out the same tired cliche about Bush having his finest moment, that day, on the pile of rubble. This tired point has been made 1000's of times over the last 10 years.. It was a fine moment, in all sincerity.

And, my point was, if you were being honest, there is almost nothing any president could say, or do, in that situation, at that moment, that would have been wrong...Bush had the will of the people on his side, like almost no president has had in my lifetime, and didn't really do a whole hell of a lot with it...and, in fact, his time in office only divided us more...and it continues today. So, I guess, what I am saying is, what you hail as a great moment, I see as a missed opportunity.

In case it escaped you, your "could Obama say the same words with conviction" are about all I need to know about where your coming from..."you didn't mean to make it politcal"? Please...is that the best you can come up with...who has nothing?

To be fair, Bush really can't be blamed for dividing us. One of the biggest weaknesses of his presidency was tendency to bend over backwards to give libs what they wanted.

The division grew directly out of the post-911 euphoria when everyone united, Bush had 90% approval ratings, and the douche bags in the Senate (secular progressives included) were hand in hand singing God bless America, while John Stewart, Dan Rather, and every news !@#$ in the biz made a point of getting choked up on camera.

Then the emotional intoxication wore off, the ensuing hangover set in, & liberal America had a "compassionate" conservative juggernaut & they had to tear that mother!@#$er down. Plus they resented him for their having liked him.

The Iraq war comes into play, libs have their issue, and they tried to relive their glory days as 60s radicals, completely oblivious to the fact that they were just aging liberal hippie douches, with an easily led group of adolescent retards following the pop culture cues fed to them by MTV and Inside Hollywood. Which culminated in a pop culture movement where the "cool" thing to do was hate Bush.

That's the effect of 9/11 on unity, and getting indignant about the politicization of the attacks is a bit of melodrama at this point ad it's been heavily used as a political football by anyone and everyone with an agenda to advance for most of the last 10 years.

Well, at least you used your entire arsenal up in responding. Typical, you have nothing, again. As always. I'd call you an empty suit but my guess is it is more like an empty McDonald's uniform.

Sorry, haven't come up with a clever line like "ya got nothin" over and over again... I thought of saying something a little more colorful, but since you are so non-partisan and reasonable, all the time, I figured I would be nice and leave it at tool...

Edited by Buftex

Sorry, haven't come up with a clever line like "ya got nothin" over and over again... I thought of saying something a little more colorful, but since you are so non-partisan and reasonable, all the time, I figured I would be nice and leave it at tool...

I've only told you that you have nothing when you have nothing. Sorry to have to do it over and over again.

I've only told you that you have nothing when you have nothing. Sorry to have to do it over and over again.

You're both the conversational equivalents of Barbie dolls. Now shut the !@#$ up.